(See All?) Announcements
548 Users Online
Bing, Google

hey soul sister — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Her younger brother caught on to the name of her eldest daughter instantly and it warned her heart. “Yes, for mother,” she murmured, feeling a tug of loss within her chest. “And she’s every bit as gentle as mom was as well,” she offered, knowing Corinna would have been proud of her grandchildren. She could not believe the matriarch was gone – and even worse, that she had passed when Kisla had been absent.

The pale wolf seemed almost tempted by her offer.. and yet while she could also not imagine him away from their family’s side, with Sceral gone, what else was truly holding him to the Bend? Was Uncle Triell all they had left? His gentle refusal caused her to ache, but only for her own selfish reasons – she wanted to be close to him.

“The offer is always open,” she noted gently, her tail waving behind her. She would not try to coax him further, if only that she was afraid to instill guilt within him. If Oak Tree Bend was his home, she would not argue that. She missed it herself, despite how quickly they had settled in to Hearthwood River.

“Don’t give up searching for Sceral, Serach,” she mentioned, her eyes glancing up to study her brother. “I wish I had looked for @Fenru when he had left as well.” Her littermate had been her closest friend in their younger years, and not a day passed when she did not think of him. Where had his travels taken him?

sparking up my heart

Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
I suck <3

Serach hadn't realized until that moment just how much he missed feeling loved. His sister's gentle reassurance that there would always be a place for him with her and her pack was more welcoming a message than he had gotten from any wolves in the Bend in recent memory. It almost made him feel stupid, for wanting to return to the Bend and share his discovery. But he knew just how bad it hurt to not know what had happened to someone, he had lived through it himself too many times. "Thank you," he told her again, a smile upon his lips. No matter what he decided, he at least owed it to @Triell to give him an explanation. He would not leave his Uncle without saying goodbye.

The boy's smile faded as Kisla mentioned Sceral, urging him to not give up the hunt for his littermate. Fenru... His brows furrowed together at the mention of his oldest brother. He couldn't recall the last name he had heard Fenru's name spoken aloud. Perhaps not since Kisla had returned to the Bend, to tell them that she had found a mate and was making her new home elsewhere. There had been no reason to, not really. Most of the Bend wolves didn't even know who Fenru was, and those who did know had moved on with their lives when it became apparent that the Tainn was not coming home.

"I won't...but it's hard, you know. Sometimes I just get so angry at him....and sometimes I think that I don't ever want to see him again," he confessed, his posture drooping as he admitted to his sibling what had remained private for so long. "Don't you ever get mad at Fenru? It's just so selfish...why is it okay for them to leave and not come back? To not tell us?" Of course, in some respects Kisla had done the same thing, but at least she had returned after winter had ended to let them know where she was going and where she had been. "I want to be with you, and be with my family. But I just can't do it the same way they did - just leaving like that. That isn't fair." He looked up at her, his eyes pleading. Serach needed her to understand - he needed some kind of recognition that what he was feeling was acceptable, that he wasn't the only one who felt betrayed by his family's wayward wanderlust.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

His question lingered upon her heart for a moment – perhaps drawing a realization that she had not dwelled upon for a while. “At times, yes,” she answered honestly, recalling just how close she and Fenru had been. The Tainn’s had been a large family – and yet she, her mother, and her brother had worked as a single unit for most  of their lives together.. Indru and Rihael’s absence stinging far too much, and Indru’s youngest litter all completely disappearing or dead. “But maybe I’m partly to blame for his own leave,” she murmured, lifting her shoulders in a gentle shrug. “Had I not been so stupid to travel across the mountains that winter, I never would have gotten stuck on the other side.”

It was hard to regret now, given it had lead her to Maksim and with him, her children. But perhaps her brother would not have gone to seek her out had she not been missing – and perhaps she would have had a chance to say goodbye to her mother.

Serach continued, and she gave a nod of understanding. He had always been mature, and she could respect his decision. “Give them a hug for me,” she spoke, a soft smile gracing her lips as she recalled them all – was Oak Tree Bend the same pack it had always been? The thought of her uncle Triell pulled at her heartstrings.. between he and Marsh, they had been the stable father figure in her life.

sparking up my heart

Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
Maybe an exit post from you and then we can archive? Or we can archive it now. <3

He wasn't really sure wha the expected Kisla to say. For all the love that was between them, Serach and Kisla were in two very different places in their lives. While she had fully moved on and created a family and pack of her own, Serach was still bound to the Bend and the wolves that remained. He felt guilty about wanting to leave, and he felt especially guilty over the anger he felt towards his other siblings - the ones who had managed to find it within themselves to leave. So when Kisla admitted that she was angry sometimes, it was like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders, and he found himself exhaling the breath in he had been holding in.

"No, it isn't your fault," he responded immediately, wanting to dispel her worries. "I remember, you left well before winter had really started. Nobody could have predicted just had bad it would get. And even so, you came back." It might seem like such a minor thing to an outsider, but meant the world to him. Even though she had left again, and it was just mere chance that had brought them together today, Serach felt no anger towards his sister.

Nuzzling his head into Kisla's mottled gray and creme shoulder once more, he smiled to himself. "I will, absolutely," he told her as he pulled back. His heart was conflicted, but the sun was sinking lower into the sky and he knew that it was time for him to go. "I'll be back soon, I promise. Maybe I'll even bring Triell with me," he promised, his tail wagging. He walked backwards for a few steps, not really wanting to let her out of his sight again, but finally turned and with one last grin and a dip of his head, he headed south and back to the Bend to share with them the news of who he had found that day.

Serach exit.
(This post was last modified: Oct 26, 2015, 09:56 PM by Serach.)
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Their time had come to a close – her brother imparted with her the desire that she not hold herself accountable for Fenru’s leave of Relic Lore, and she felt her heart only flutter with heaviness at the thought of her age mate, somewhere in the world.. not with them, where he belonged. She spoke nothing more on the matter.. perhaps, one day, they would see him again – Fenru, or Sceral.. Rihael. She could not bring her heart to open up toward Aiyana anymore – apparently, the girl had disowned the Tainn’s and claimed herself a Lyall.

It only closed her heart further to Rook Lyall and his preposterous ideal that two packs could live so closely to one another. One day, she would bring him to his knees – he had all but taken over their home during her last pregnancy, and Cut Rock River had been relinquished to his foolish fantasies. She would see he got what he deserved.

But now now.

Serach’s touch brought her back to reality, and the golden female all but sank in to his embrace. Her heart stung at the simple matter that he was leaving, but she closed this away from him, unwilling to instill a guilt upon the poor boy for wanting to be with his family. “I would like that,” she noted, her own muzzle creeping down to nuzzle him gingerly upon the cheek before he pulled away fully.

He was slow to leave her – and how it pulled at her heart. She stood rigid in place, watching him finally move back towards the Bend – and she did not move toward her own home until Serach had become no more than  a speck upon the horizon.. vanished from her view once more.

sparking up my heart