555 Users Online
Google, Bing, Isla

To Behold the Change — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

@Angele @Anthem

Tawny haunches gradually lowered to press into the pine needle bedding below as Angele came to do the same beside her storm coated sibling. Flax golden optics watching the features of her muzzle shift with the array of words that flowed from her lips as rust tinged audits listened patiently and intently to each and every one. A gentle smile gracing his swarthy lips upon the mentioning of the kill being a happy coincidence. More fresh meat to store within the caches were always a welcomed thing for the growing pack. New mouths to feed for the pack in the coming days meant a greater demand of its subordinates to meet the new quota. "Do tell and then we can dine." Vesper informed the duo and that was exactly what the Coldheart female did. 

The lakeside patriarch was made aware that a discussion about obtaining the second female role was made, his interest piqued further. "Go on." He encouraged when Angele came to take a breath, curious to know what thoughts and plans she may have brewing for the future. The ivory woman soon continued on her train of thought, speaking truthful words that the king of the lake was appreciative and apprehensive about. In the long run it would be a wise move to place a buffer between Namid and the lower ranked females, but with the swelled matriarch so close to her delivery date the risk of causing an uproar seemed ill advised. He waited until all was spoken before sharing a glance between the Coldheart siblings, creating a hushed pondering 'hm' tone within his throat. "It's an idea with both its pros and cons. I am uncertain about the current ranking with that white woman, Primrose holding title as second. Her intentions don't seem to be for that of power, but one can never be too careful. A buffer would be a wise move." 

A breath of his own was taken before continuing onward. "But with the lead female so close to the possibility of going into labor any moment now, a shifting of the hierarchy would not be wise at this moment. If you are dead set on obtaining the position I advise you to wait until after the pups are born and less vulnerable. Until then accompany your brother with border patrols to learn the layout of our home. Many other responsibilities will come with the position aside from acting as a buffer. Primrose is a poor excuse for a second."

Played by Flywolf33 who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Angele Coldheart

Angele took a deep breath as Vespertio began speaking.  She wasn’t aware that she was holding for a moment, and slowly let it out, forcing herself to continue taking in air.  She listened.  She wasn’t nervous, but neither was she relaxed. She nodded along as her alpha spoke; his words were wise.  These were things she knew, yes, but there was a reason he was the alpha and not her.  

As he spoke of Primrose, Angele’s interest piqued.  She’d heard little of this woman, but the few words she had made her think poorly of the current female beta.  Who exactly is she? She wondered, but she didn’t want to interrupt her leader.

“Understood.” She said as Vespertio finished.  She glanced at her brother again.  Border patrol was something they knew well.  She twitched her ears at him.  “I am willing to do all that it takes to make myself into a beta satisfactory to you and your Queen.  I will wait until the pups are old enough to venture out to begin working.” She dipped her head in respect.  “That is why I asked first.”

Angele slowly lowered her haunches to the ground, glancing between her alpha and the kill.  She waited for him to decide if they were finished with the discussion, and then allow him to eat first, as was custom in a pack.  She hoped their choice of prey was good enough for him.

So I need to wait.  No problem.  It will give me more time to prepare myself. She thought.  I’m sure Anthem would be willing to spar with me.  She would practice and train.  She had plenty of experience fighting, but there was no such thing as too prepared.

"Speech"  Thought

My brother is the Anthem we sing,

I am the Angele we follow,

My brother, Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]

Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC: I think we could end this pretty soon

As Angele finished her speech Anthem gaze found his friend and he listened with interest to what he said. The mention of Primrose had him shifting in discomfort. He did not like the woman at all and he found himself wondering how she had even joined the pack in the first place. But that was not something that could be changed. She had joined and was now part of the pack but for how long? Anthem didn't know she had been absent though and that bothered the large man. As a beta she should be present within the pack but he hadn't seen let alnoe smell her for awhile. Maybe she had runaway without warning? He wouldn't doubt it. 

Distracted within his thoughts he forcefully refocused himself on the conversation that was at hand. His switched between looking at Vespertio and Angele as it was agreed that she would wait until the pups were able to move around before she began to make her way up the totem pole. Doing border patrol with her would also let him tell her about the surrounding areas if she hadn't passed through them on her way to find him. It was a good chance for them to work together like they used to. 

Standing up Anthem stretched his legs out in front of him feeling the pain from the hit he had taken. Straightening up with his tail swaying behind him he nodded at the deer. Shall we? He asked waiting for Vespertio to begin before he made a move to join in.
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

With that the business aspect of the call had been answered, leaving the trio of Cove wolves to now dine on the slain deer. The smell of the tender meat and pooling blood enough to occasionally bring forth a quick swipe of Vesper's coral tongue across his swarthy lips. Turning his liquid gold gaze towards each of the siblings present he gave a silent nod before stepping forward to take up his seat at the head of the dinner table. Jaws parted to grasp the first bit of flesh and tear it away from the carcass with a shake of his dark masked skull. Instantly his taste buds were rewarded by the metallic tang of iron as the crimson liquid flowed over his tongue and down his gullet with each bite. 

Sidestepping a bit to make room beside him for Anthem and Angele, he waved his tail over his spine to invite them to join him. Canines sinking back into the delectable meal. It always was a pleasant sensation to have fresh meat fill one's stomach. A full stomach made for a happy wolf.  An hour or so passed before the three of them forced themselves to back away from the kill. Belly's bloated with the abundance of meat nestled inside waiting to be digested. Each of their muzzles tinged in various shades of red. Angele's adhering a more pink shade due to her lighter fur. Licking his chops to clean what he could from his face, a shared glance was given to the siblings at his side. "Let's bring the rest home before unwanted company appears." Vespertio spoke before lowering his head to grip a forelimb of what remained.

Gradually they made it back to the cache sight where they buried what remained of the carcass for the rest of the pack to dine on. With a nod farewell, a slab of meat dangling between his jaws as he carried it to his awaiting wife. Knowing very well that she must be starving and could use all the nutrition she could get in preparation of the coming pups