(See All?) Announcements
511 Users Online
Google

What's In Your Head — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
note: the Kopah group traveled the mountain line to the bottom of the map and are now kinda of cutting diagonally across it on their way to Secret Falls, also... thank you for being patient!

The hesitation and lack of immediate response from Jessie did not dampen the current feeling of deja vu. If anything, it seemed to reinforce it. As if it was in agreement with whatever half dredged memory Iopah was trying to recall. She let the quiet play out and followed Jessie's gaze. The woman was taking another, longer, glance at her and Iopah's gaze traced patiently after that back-and-forth searching expression. Perhaps the other woman was trying to pull up the same memory as her?

She shifted, attention re-directing, to meet the woman's emerald eyes at the sound of her own name. Pale ears pressed softly to her skull before twisting back again. Iopah met the expectant expression with a slight cocking of her head. It wasn't that she didn't want to answer or had any consideration of being untruthful, but she had to shield the wolves that traveled with her. Iopah was not sure how the rest of Oak Tree Bend felt about Zia's departure or about her changed allegiance. "You are," She answered in an even, placating tone. Her tail circled round her ankles, the gray tip restlessly stirring in the ferns. Trust could only be given if it was offered. "A wolf left your pack and joined mine. She told me what happened." The Reinier woman let an appraising gaze travel them both. Iopah did not want to argue with either, but if they wanted Zia back, she would do much more than argue. There would only be an issue if they created it.

Iopah was not perceptive to the subtle nuances of speech. She took Drestig's statement at face-value, picking up none of his sarcasm and taking his smile as out-right friendliness. She nodded agreeably, a gesture that was cut-short at the mention of the gray-and-white woman's name. Her head snapped around, remembering the winter in her face the day the woman had briefly given her name. "The blackberry field..." She murmured softly, feeling a pang of sadness. It seemed like ages ago, even more so that she could never stand in that field again. "You helped me."

"I left that land and crossed the mountain at the end of winter." Her stance straightened, eyes flicking to Jessie as she gave the proper introduction neither had time for two years ago. "I'm Iopah Reinier. My group will not be able to travel for much farther," The rounding of her sides was all the validation that statement seemed to need. "They are enemies to us as well. We came from the south and you are the only wolves I've scented so far."

(This post was last modified: Aug 27, 2015, 01:01 PM by Drestig. Edit Reason: You were missing a /font tag, I fixed ^^ )
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The, at first, snarky remark from the other woman got a rise out of Jessie. Her lips curled back slightly, not appreciating the matter-of-fact tone in the other woman’s voice. She frowned, her gray ears flicking back to hear Drestig speak. She had to resist the urge to roll her eyes at his words, and kept her own pinned on Iopah. At the mention of a wolf deserting their pack, Jessie shifted slightly, distain for the deserter rising within her. Why should they bother helping them? If there was a deserter that Iopah was willing to accept into her pack, what should they care? However, before she could make a comment about it, Iopah spoke again, seeming to finally recognize Jessie from their little hunting session years ago, back when Ice, Corinna, and Marsh had been alive and healthy. Back when her sister was still with her, when everything had been right.

Jessie shifted uncomfortably when others mentioned her helping them. It was not something that she enjoyed speaking about, especially since she so rarely helped others. The Scout did not dare look over at the most likely smug look on Drestig’s face. After all, he would use any ammunition to throw at her and right now was not a time to do such a thing. Focusing her attention back on Iopah, Jessie spoke again, her voice soft, holding a hint of kindness in it, “It is nice to see you are well. Congratulations.” Jessie briefly glanced at Iopah’s swelling stomach to prove what she was talking about before continuing, “As far as I know, we are the only pack on this side of the mountains. So if you do decide to make a home here, we will be your only neighbors.” Her words were an offer but a threat at the same time. Oak Tree Bend could be well liked allies and deadly enemies. They took family seriously and even if Iopah had taken in one of their deserters, hopefully the woman she met so many years ago still had a good sense of morals.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Think we can finish off with one more from each of you?? :3

There was still some unspoken tension between the two women, their eyes never straying from one another, and the black male felt like he had been dumped right into the middle of something that, not only had nothing to do with him, but had the potential of evolving into a rather nasty situation. Glancing down at Jessie, he seriously considered leaving, letting the hens bicker among themselves, after all, this pregnant shewolf was no serious threat. But there was still one lingering out there somewhere, and he was hesitant to run off, fearing that the two female's would fall prey to the monster's lurking in the shadows. That, and there was a small chance of this getting interesting.

The pregnant stranger spoke, and ember eyes shifted back to her, amusement twinkling in their depths as he imagined Jessie's reaction to the hollow statement; He didn't turn to see it though, knowing that she would likely be trying to hide her emotions. The tan female did elaborate though, speaking of a wolf who had left the Bend and joined up with her; How unspecific... It made Drestig frown slightly, that someone would so readily pass on information about Oak Tree Bend. Then again, spreading the knowledge about these monsters would not damage the pack, and they could easily be a threat to other wolves as well. In the end he shrugged, it was no big deal to him.

The reaction to his introduction was though, clearly his mention of Jessie's name had been the final piece needed to make the stranger remember. Her words made little sense to him though, and he finally turned his gaze back to the grey scout, noticing the passing discomfort; I'm REALLY getting tired of not knowing what's going on here! Then finally did Iopah officially identify herself, receiving quick answer from the smaller lady by Drestig's side, her sudden kindness making his brows rise. Whatever had happened between these two had to be quite a tale, to send all these feelings buzzing around; REALLY tired! Again the dark scout felt and urge to leave, certain that his presence could add nothing to the conversation. He only stayed as protection, simply nodding in agreement at the notion of Oak Tree Bend being alone in this land; After the Glen wolves had moved to the mountain, there had been little sighting of others around the woods. He wasn't sure how he would like getting new neighbors, but in the end it was not up to him, and he left it to Jessie to handle the diplomacy; After all, that never was my strong suit.

Word count: 437

Thoughts ”Speech”

pride12
Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
sounds good to me!

Whatever she'd said to cause the lip curl and that brief twinkle of amusement was lost on her. The Reinier thought back to her earlier words and could not pick up on the slight, spoken nuances that the others had. If they were taking offense at Zia, then there was nothing that could be done. The Celencio woman had shown nothing but loyalty, and in return Iopah was going show the same level of loyalty. @Zia was under her protection now and she had no intention of handing the woman over. All Iopah could do right now was watch their body language and wait for whatever would come of their irritation. Jessie spoke up and Iopah turned her gaze at the soft voice. A pale ear swung forward in a delicate and hopeful gesture. Certainly she did not want this to go sour, not when so many depended on her. "And you," She offered back freely, remembering now how thin and how alone the Tainn woman had been that winter day. She listened to Jessie speak further, giving a relaxed smile at Drestig's nod.

The threat was too thinly veiled to be recognized, but Iopah's thoughts moved in a similar direction anyways. "I'm glad there are less wolves on this side of the mountain." Her voice was honest and level, incapable of holding menace even if she tried. She wanted close neighbors even less than Drestig did. The hunting would be better and the chance for trespassing would be less. But, glancing calmly between the Oak Tree Bend wolves, Iopah doubted they would cross pack borders without permission as Lugh had. It would be nice to have wolves with common sense as neighbors for a change.

"I will try to put as much space between our packs." Even as she said it, the enceinte woman realized this encounter was coming to an end. Her stomach was growing by the day. She had to make good use of the few weeks she had left. With a faint exhale the woman carefully shook her coat out, stretching pale toes into the earth. "I should go now." Gaze held low, she nodded to each in acknowledgement. The ferns skimmed a wide belly as she followed her path back. Iopah looked back one last time, wondering how they would meet again, and disappeared from sight.

-Exit-
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The conversation was an odd once that certainly interested Jessie. It had been such a long time ago when she had found Iopah, back when she had been in her depression. Those times were gone though. Now she had Hotei and Oak Tree Bend and a duty to uphold. Before she knew it, their conversation was over. As the other woman left, Jessie felt her body relax, her tired emerald gaze sweeping towards Drestig before looking out towards the lands they were in. Snow covered floor and crimson ice flashed before her eyes and Jessie’s head jerked away momentarily, still perturbed that someone could do such a thing to a child. A haunted look passed over her face, but it was quick as she turned back towards Drestig. She spoke to him, quietly, a thing she rarely did, Please, let us go home.”

Her steps were light and quick, determined now more than ever to get out of the haunted forest. A shiver went down her spine at the memory of what she had found there. Back when Ice and Fenru had been there to be with her and talk. They were all damaged and they had fit perfectly into the dysfunctional puzzle they made. However, they were no longer with her and the thought of her being without them now scared her. She did not look to see if Drestig was following behind her or not, all that mattered was that she got home so that she could walk into the warm embrace of the man she loved.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]