661 Users Online
Bing, Google

Hearthwood River Pack Thread — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Lachesis

Inna wasn't sure that Lachesis was even in the infirmary den so she figured she would give him a few moments before she moved on to look somewhere else.  While she waited all kinds of different scenarios of what could be causing her to feel as she did went through her mind.  She hadn't ever felt like she did when she woke up and even while she waited for Lachesis. Getting some answers was what she needed so she could stop worrying.

The wait hadn't been a long one as it never was with the healer, smile crossing her dark features as he came into view.  She always enjoyed the man's company but what she had come for was much different from her regular visits, she could only hope that he held the answers she sought.  Had it been any other day their greetings would have been much different.  As it was he appeared with a friend across his features which only caused her worry to get worse. The question in his tone as he said her name she took as her cue to continue. “I don't know what's wrong but I woke up feeling like something wasn't right with me and I was hoping you could help me.” She wanted him to tell her like he had last time that she would be okay.

(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2017, 07:46 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Inna

The scent that engulfed the raven Baranski was impossible to miss for his den shared a similar scent. Clearly Inna was not familiar with the scent, otherwise she would not be seeking out the medic. A weight formed in his stomach and his throat tightened. It appeared, while he avoided the females of Hearthwood, they had found other males to cure the relentless itch of heat. A frown cut into his pale features as he listened to Inna explain why she had sought out the older male, despite him already knowing before the words dripped off her tongue.

“You’re pregnant,” he offered, bluntly, as a line formed between his brows. There was no sugar-coating it for the raven. She had done the same as her sister—disappeared during spring and gotten herself knocked up. It appeared to be a trend among the Baranski women. He mentally kicked himself for avoiding Lekalta since her return and hoped that she had not succumbed to the same fate as her sisters. “Does your mother know?” He asked after a lengthy pause, his ears twitching. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

'You’re pregnant’

The words rang in her ears after Lachesis had told her the reason she was feeling as she was.  It wasn't like it wasn't expected, her mother and Aleksei had both seemed convinced that it would.  Inna just wasn't prepared for it to be true but here she was having it confirmed that she had new life growing inside her. They way he'd said it she worried he to was disappointed and angry with her for what she'd done.  She couldn't imagine he'd be very pleased and it hurt that he could be, they'd grown close but she supposed she couldn't blame him either.  Her sides heaved with a sigh as the weight she she felt on her shoulders grew just a little heavier.

It was only a moment until the enormity of the situation really hit her causing her head to fall.  So many things she needed to consider and first on her list was Lorcan, they could never know he was the father of her children. She wasn't even sure she should tell the tawny healer, she feared it would ruin the life he'd made for himself.

Her gaze went back to Lachesis when he asked about her mother, “She knows what I did and seems sure that I am.” She replied solemnly looking down at her paws. “I…,” she lifted her head to meet his gaze, “I'm sorry Lachesis.” She'd felt he deserved an apology whether it meant anything or not, lately she felt they didn't mean much. Still she had gone behind his back and against the laws that as alpha he upheld, sorry hardly seemed enough.

<
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2017, 04:38 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Inna

While the ghost had been a stable figure in the raven Baranski’s life it was not his place to ask who the father was. Clearly it was no Hearthwood wolf. He was overwhelmed by his own curiosity but he bit his tongue. Instead he watched the girl’s reaction to the news, her features falling and her breathing escalating. XIX did not know what to say, for he did not want to comfort her. This was going to be Hearthwood’s third litter to tend to this spring—for a pack their size Lachesis feared they would not be able to take care of so many mouths. She had gone against pack law just like her sister had the year before. He and Lilya had also been irresponsible this spring but he was also the leader of the pack (and had seduced the blue-eyed sparrow just as much as she had seduced him). Inna was on her way to becoming like Karina and the pale medic did not want to see that happen.

“You need to speak with her,” he responded solemnly, his brows narrowing despite her apology. There was no undoing what she did. Her fate in the pack was not up to him. “I… I do not support this but I will support you. And I will help you, medically, in any way that I can.” He sighed as the words dripped off his tongue, his chartreuse gaze softening as he studied the frightened wolf before him. “That’s three litters for Hearthwood this spring. We’ll be lucky if all of them survive.” He hoped, for the sake of the mother’s, that they would. They were all going to have to work extra hard this year. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Lachesis

For a moment she didn't look at Lachesis trying to compose herself after hearing the news of her pregnancy. It was a lot to take in, she'd made a decision with Lorcan and now she understood she would have to face those consequences. What would happen to her and her children once her mother found out that she was without a doubt with child.  After Karina and the words her mother had spoken Inna wasn't sure she had a place in the pack any longer would Kisla not want to go through what Karina had put her through before and send her away? Inna loved her home and wanted her children to grow up where she had. She wasn't Karina even if she had made the same choice as her sister, she was not in the same path.

She met his gaze once more as he told her she needed to talk to her mother.  Inna nodded, “I will soon.” The young Baranski worried what her mother would do but she would take whatever it was. A small smile formed on her lips at his next words. “I understand but thank you Lachesis for what support you can give.” She never expected for him to support her pregnancy, she didn't expect any of them to after how Alek and Kisla had reacted before they even knew for sure. She had done wrong so how could she expect that of them.  Something steeled inside her at the last thing he said to her, just as her mother had expressed concern for the pack.  “My mother has expressed the same concern regarding the pack and I will promise you as I have her that my pups will not be a burden to Hearthwood,” she said keeping her tone calm and even.  She wasn't sure how she would accomplish her promise just then but if any pups didn’t survive it wouldn't be because her pups were taking resources from the other litters.

(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2017, 07:54 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Inna

A soft smile managed to find its way onto his dark lips. Despite the raven wolf before him breaking pack law, just as her sister had the previous year, XIX was still excited to see the Baranski line continuing. Hearthwood would thrive, even with the three litters they were expecting. The ghost would do everything in his power to ensure their survival for the river wolves could not handle much more loss. “If you have any more concerns do not hesitate to seek me out. I have never experienced a pregnancy myself, but I know more than most,” he offered with a slight wag of his tail. “This will be Lilya’s first litter as well—you could speak to her if you need to.” He could only imagine what the blue-eyed sparrow was feeling, for motherhood had never been on the veteran’s mind before.

“These pups are still Hearthwood pups,” he offered, his green gaze meeting pools of fire. “The situation is less than ideal, but they will still be taken care of.” Despite being consumed by worry he could not let it show. Inna had not yet experienced a second helping of her mother’s wrath; she did not need to hear it from him as well.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Lachesis

After the confrontation with Alek and her mother the possibility of having pups had been on her mind.  It was still a scary thing especially when she wasn't sure what would happen in the next week's or month's. She wanted to share the news with Lorcan but she wasn't sure if it was the best thing for him.  In that moment she felt a little more than overwhelmed but the situation she now found herself in, like everything else she felt she would get through it.  Her eyes met those of the healer, “Thank you Lachesis I will keep that in mind, I really appreciate it your offer.” He then went on to tell her that Lilya was also expecting her first litter and that perhaps Inna should talk to her.  Though Inna hadn't had much of an opinion of the woman when they'd hunted together maybe this could be something that would change her opinion. Maybe they could help each other through this new experience, that was if Lilya wasn't angry with her as well. “I might seek her out,” she said with a small smile.

Inna didn't like the fact that everyone seemed to feel that her litter would be a burden on the pack and would jeopardize the other litters.  After what her mother had said and now hearing Lachesis say it too she worried about the wellbeing of her litter.  Yes, she had broken pack law, she understood that and the fact her litter would put a strain on the situation. She did feel bad for putting her pack in this situation but the feeling that her pups would be in an environment where they weren't wanted only grew in the pit of her stomach.  “I hope so,” she said solemnly she said not really knowing what else to say.  She wasn't sure she completely believed they would be. “I know,” No matter what it took she would, “I will make sure of it and I will make sure the pack it taken care of as I always have.” Inna had to prove to her Kisla that not only did she care about her but the pack as well.

(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2017, 06:39 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Inna sorry for the wait, i was out of town for the weekend. this will be lachesis' last post <3

While he was angry at the raven Baranski for thinking so selfishly Lachesis was also worried for her. Worried that she would become her sister and disappear from Hearthwood, bringing heartbreak to Kisla once more. The river queen had already been through enough grief—Inna’s pregnancy would not go over well with the widow. If she even allowed the raven to stay in Hearthwood, for her daughter had broken pack law. He suppressed a sigh, his ears leaning against the back of his skull. The river wolves were certainly going to have their paws full this spring.

“Seek out your mother, Inna,” he instructed in a soft tone, his expression gentle as he studied the young girl before him. “She won’t be pleased but she will support you, too.” He hoped. Kisla had supported Karina and her daughter before the dragon poisoned her mind—surely she would do the same with Inna. Lachesis just hoped there was no dragon waiting to pounce on his raven sidekick. “Then go talk with Lilya,” he suggested with a soft shrug, the corners of his mouth rolling into a small smile. “I need to seek out some more herbs. I just hope all three of you don’t plan on giving birth on the same day.” With an amused snort the ghost turned away, his long legs carrying him quickly into the forest that surrounded the dens. He would need to be prepared for the coming litters… they could not handle another death. Exit.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She knew she had put the pack in a bad position and she knew she had made a poor choice. Her mother was already upset with her for her selfish decision but now that Lachesis had confirmed that she was in fact pregnant she was afraid of how her mother would react.  She didn't see herself the same as her sister even if she had made the same mistake. She did not plan to leave like her sister had and wanted to do whatever she could to regain the trust of her packmates most importantly Kisla. She wanted to raise her children in her home but she worried her mother’d had enough and wouldn't allow her to stay.

Inna nodded at Lachesis instruction to seek out Kisla, “I will,” she promised because she knew she had to.  Scared or not she had to face the punishment her mother gave her, whatever it was Inna had to accept it. “I hope you're right Lachesis,” she said quietly.  She wouldn't blame her mother if she chose not to, what had she done but caused her more pain.  His suggestion to speak to Lilya was one that she was very seriously considering.  Speaking to another first time mother might help her through her pregnancy.  With Lorcan in Whitestone she couldn't be traveling there every time she needed someone to talk to, he didn't even know he was going to be a father. "I will speak with Lilya," she again promised. She nodded once more as Lachesis spoke of gathering herbs, “If you would like some help I would be happy to,” she offered.  It was the least she could do to try and make this up to him too, she knew he wasn't happy with her and she hoped that what she had done wouldn't ruin the relationship she'd built with him.  Then he was gone, leaving Inna to watching as he disappeared into the forest. 

Fade

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Lorcan @Lachesis  takes place after the meeting.

The Raven's hope that Risa had stayed somewhere else in the territory didn't stop her from worrying about the pup. Now that her mother was gone she felt it was her responsibility to care for the pups as best she could. She'd made up her mind to go look for her and in the process visit the Rye wolves. Inna knew that the leaders there were from Oak Tree Bend do felt they may have known her mother and would want to know that Kisla had passed away. She didn't want to leave Hearthwood but she couldn't not look for Risa either. She was just as worried about her half sister as she would be if it was Oksana that was missing.

Inna had asked Lorcan to go with her sure that he would agree after their talk a few days before, which he did. She felt the trip might also be good for her so that maybe she could clear her head. She was still hurting from losing her mother and the uncertainty that her death caused but she knew her mother would want her to find Risa. All she needed to do now was speak with Lachesis to let him know her plans so he wouldn't worry about her while he was still grieving too. She didn't want to cause him more stress then she was sure he was already under. She went to his den with Lorcan hoping that is where she would find him and called for him.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »