(See All?) Announcements
590 Users Online
Google, Bing

Hold your miracles glimmering through the rust. — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Buu who has 23 posts.
HAVE YOU ANY DREAMS YOU'D LIKE TO SELL?
Yennifer took a step back, clearly this was not a sister clan of her great family and letting out more information made her rather uncomfortable. Who knows what the ancestors would think telling some strange wolf in god knows where they were about her practices. Her expression hardened as she fell deeper into thought.

" Scrying, darlin'? Ya'll betta' speak up cause I can't hear ya' with that mumblin' business. We got somethin' like that but requires water, black water, as black as the sky above yo' dear lil' head. We use it to see the future. " eyes now wide, as if to add to the suspense, " Us practitioners are blessed to be the servants of the

Loa

, and in return we get a little bit of their power for ourselves.
"

Strange, what kind of backwards beliefs did these northerners have? The cultural barrier made the young she-wolf frustrated, but even more determines to teach these strangers the way of her family. Yennifer thought about home, a place that held so many possibility but taken from her too soon, along with her brother. Had fate been in her favor she could have been in training to be a Voodun queen of her own pack, but instead she was out here preaching to a confused choir.

" Now I mean no offense fille but..why you be goin' around askin' so many questions and such? Now I don't know if yo' spirits be the same as my Loa but I ain't about to trust you with so much of my personal business and such. " she retorted, eyes narrowing. For all she knew, this Mahle character was in the company of demons; not someone she should be messing with.

286 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

translation text hover over

CORVUS OCULUM CORVI NON ERUIT

Played by Maeby who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

Oh blessed be! At the very least their definitions of scrying seemed to relate. "Yeah, That's exactly what I'm talking about!" She regained her smile, perhaps now they'd be able to tie certain things together. "Black water works best for me, though with enough concentration I'm able to use fresh water as well!" Unlike reading aura's, scrying was more of a gift than a learned skill amongst her kin, and one she was quite proud of might she add. "Divination is the closest thing I can compare to these 'visions' you mentioned.. Loa, ay?" So it was true, their deities were not one in the same. At the very least they did seem to share some rather unique similarities, Mahle wouldn't be so eager to lose interest just yet. 'I'd honestly like to learn more about this path...'

"Uh.. Wh..?" Her voice grew shallow. Yennifer was squinting at her, but with what purpose? Had Mahle spouted off something offensive without realizing? "I hadn't meant to upset you, I apologize.." She was growing nervous. Perhaps this wolf wouldn't be as safe as she'd previously assumed if proven to be irritated. "I suppose It was curiosity that lead me to ask.." What was she supposed to say? "For a second I genuinely thought we shared the same spirituality, though in all honesty I've never heard of Loa.." It was disappointing, but she really ought to of learned by now that things seldom went her way. "Now that we've cleared it all up though, I'd gladly partake in a new subject of conversation if that's what you'd like.."

Word count: 265

I play among the stars and then fall so low.

Mahle Psyxḗ
I'm a mountain that has been moved,
I'm a fugitive that has no legs to run.
I'm a preacher with no pulpit,
Spewing a sermon that goes on and on.
Freshwater ey? The family had only ever used black water but the shade of cypress trees always made sure the water was a bit murky where ever one had stepped. Yennifer made a mental note to try out this "freshwater scrying" at a later time. "

I guess these northerners ain't as totally useless as I thought.

" Yennifer's demeanor did a complete 180, she was back to cracking jokes and talking like they had been long separated friends. It was strange how the she-wolf's mood could change just like that.

" Now don't take any better mind to that, that's just me being my paranoid self; you ain't upset me none. I be guessin' our spirits aren't the same, but seein' as we share the same sky and if yo' practices are peaceful, I wouldn't mind too much tellin' you about our ways. " Once again the conversation took a positive upturn. " I don't mind at all, whatchu' be doin' all the way out here by yo' lil' lonesome self fille. You lookin' like a bobcat bout to snatch you up. "

Living by oneself was hard, and as a wolf, even harder. In the back of Yennifer's mind she had hoped this wolf would lead her back to safety of her own family. She did not care how, nor did she even consider that it might not be the best of decisions. The young wolf licked her lips at the thought of settling down at a pack meal. How many moons had it been without the company of others?

277 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
Let's try to wrap this up in maybe 2 more posts each? Then Mahle can lead her to SMP :)

Mahle could almost officially label the stranger as insane, however not in the same sense princess Celandine had been. Bi-polar? She'd never encountered the disorder before, though Yennifer seemed to fit the criteria as far as she knew. Rapid mood swings, anxiety, a tad restless.. Was there a medicinal cure to a disease such as this one? 'Don't overthink it. She's sweet nonetheless. There's no harm until harmed.' It'd honestly benefit the yearling to make a couple more friends, her princess couldn't be her everything.

"I'd love to learn more about your ways. Spirituality is a never ending tale, and knowledge is power. My mind's open to any and all possibilities." She was always willing to learn something new, though her deities probably wouldn't be too thrilled with it. "Ah! Speaking of!" Distracted by her obscure encounter with the voodoo elder, Mahle had almost completely forgotten about the plant she so desperately needed, again. "B-Black Hawthorn!! I need black hawthorn!!" frantically peering around before she'd once more lost her thought, the inexperienced medic realized just how late the pair had been loitering out for. "I-I'm going to be in some real shit if I don't come back with something.. Ohh Celandine's really going to be pissed." Gods be good, she'd let her own ignorant mind stray her from the mission.

"H-Hey!" It was a desperate last ditch effort, but she'd need the help of her company if she wanted to find the strange plant now. "Could you help me really fast? I need to find a flower. It's small, white with a yellow center, and usually comes stand together in a small bundle. It's reeally important that I find this flower." What was the harm in asking, right?

Word count: 288

Mahle Psyxḗ
(This post was last modified: Jun 27, 2015, 01:17 AM by Mahle.)
Yennifer's expression twisted into a confused, thoughtful look. Celandine? So it was true, other wolves lived in these lands with her too. Even better, she was close enough to consider some of them family. This was Yen's ticket into getting in a family of herself. Too ong had she roamed these lands alone and finally somewhere was begging for her purpose. Putting on her friendliest expression, the she-wolf straightened up for reassurance.

" Now Miss Mahle, I'm not quite sure about this hawthorn you goin' on about but I would be so very happy to help you. It sounds a lot like chamomile back where I come from, what exactly does it do? " Yen asked. Learning about the surrounding foliage would not only help her in the long run but also might prove her usefulness to this acquaintance yet.

Gazing around, the she-wolf examined her strange surroundings once again. Some, if not all, of the foliage was different from the humid and hot lands of her home. Where example would this be? And how exactly long is this going to take? A low grow escaped the she-wolf's stomach, preprandial hunger pains, she wondered if they would stop to find something to eat as well.

250 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

The yearling filled with glee as her company, perhaps even new friend, agreed to assist her. "Uhh.. Poor circulation, high blood pressure.. I believe chest pains?" she sighed, trotting about a short distance. "My Princess, er, the rightful heir to Silent Moon Plateau's throne.." Her princess? Wasn't that a tad possessive? "She's not been well as of recent, I believe this could help.." Though it was sure troublesome to locate. How long was this going to take? "Ha, I wish these lands had chamomile. These flowers differ in appearance a bit.. They're.. Smoother?"

Frantic, the fawn medic found her thought's growing a bit blurred. She knew it'd be in her best interest to settle down, it's uncommon someone finds something they need while under too much stress. But how could she? Celandine hadn't proven to be a very forgiving wolf, and Mahle was almost positive her disappearance wouldn't have gone unnoticed. "It's gotta be lingering around here somewhere.."

Briefly had she found herself interrupted by the obvious sounds of stomach hunger, was this from Yennifer? "How long has it been since you've eaten?" Mahle knew starvation like an old friend. Listening to someone else's possible experience with it, well, she just couldn't bear it! "Being a lone wolf is hard, you know? I don't mean to offend you but.. You really won't be able to do it forever.." Old memories resurfaced in her mind, she could only hope her friend wouldn't be as ignorant as she'd once been. "Your plans, what do they consist of? Er, How do you plan to stay amongst the living?"

Word count: 265

Mahle Psyxḗ
(This post was last modified: Jun 28, 2015, 02:07 AM by Mahle.)
No chamomile? The familiar feeling of fear began to crawl up the spine of the she-wolf once more. Out here she would be helpless. Mud would only work for so many things; what would happen if she accidentally ingested something toxic? There was no butterfly weed here that she knew of. This strange wolf in front of her was the key to her staying alive; Yen's voice rose with desperation.

" I...uhh will try the best I can Miss Mahle. I ain't seen none like this but I will make it my duty! " sheb immediatly regretted the statement, "

You shit-for-brains, yous comin' off desperate!

" Making her way down the riverbank once more, frantically looking for something she had no idea was, Yen called back over her shoulder.

" Nah miss, I ain't ate none since the sun was high in the sky. " as she spoke, another hunger pain ripped through her stomach like claws on slate rock. " I hadn't been a lone wolf too long but with these bones gettin' older my time is probably comin' up soon. It's alright, Loa turn me to ash and return my wretched body to the earth. " The conversation more dramatic as she spoke, " I was hopin' to find a new family of my own; teach the youngins' a thing or two bout the earth, somewhere to rest my paws and such. I'd never push myself onto ya'll though, just not my way. "

265 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

Mahle made the quick decision of scoping out the lakes edge's, and to her surprise, the plant had literally been resting there all along. How could this be? Shouldn't the flower be residing amongst some hedges? This truly was a rare event, but the russet yearling would accept it and carry on. "Over here! I think I found some!" She yipped, proud of her little discovery. 'Finally..'

Being a young female of the Psyxḗ bloodline, Mahle was a natural empath. Having gone through much hardship herself, she was able to sympathize with her friend even more than she would have liked. Letting out an exasperated sigh, the yearling knew she'd quickly regret her next words. "Look," she paused, wondering if it were really in her right to make this decision. "I used to have the same opinion, back when I was solitary." Though overtime that did change, back then she lost hope and went borderline crazy. Though that was best left un-noted. "It's not going to be pretty.. What will happen to you.." Was she really going to see this through? Could this perhaps be her biggest mistake thus far? "Oh man, Celandine.. Forgive me." she mumbled. "You want to live in a pack? Well, follow me then."

Turning her torso toward the direction of Silent Moon Plateau, the young she-wolf began making slow pace. "I'm going to assume you've never joined a foreign pack before, so I'll fill you in on the procedures once we arrive. Don't let me down, okay? Please?" Was that a plead or a demand? Mahle wasn't quite sure anymore. 'Celandine's going to be so pissed. Forgive me Phineas.'

Word count: 274

Mahle Psyxḗ
Leaping to her side once more, Yennifer joined to investigate the flower. So this was it, the elusive foliage of the north. Yen made a mental note about this discovery for the future. This wolf had taught her so much in such little time that the she-wolf couldn't help but feel a tinge of friendship grow between them. She was greatful, really, and hopefully others she'd meet along her journey would be equally tolerate of her erratic demeanor.

As if she had read her mind, Mahle propositioned her with the idea of joining. " Really fille, you truly mean it? I couldn't be more greatful, gods have blessed me on this most wonderful day. " A sigh of relief escaped her muzzle. " I'm sorry miss, I was born into the family and the family is all I know. I ain't never did no joining or separation at all./b> "

What was next to come was up to the very gods themselves. Yennifer prayed that whatever death might come her way that it would be swift and merciful. The thought of being torn down by a strong pack alpha for once in her selfish life terrified her. With a shake of her head, the she-wolf began to follow and the treck back to pack territory.

250 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text -