(See All?) Announcements
508 Users Online
Google, Bing

keep the goddess on my side — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
No problem at all! As long as you can ignore my pathetic attempt at 'communicating with Gods' ahah, I had no idea what to put XD.

Mahle couldn't help but to crack a smile as Kjors showed interest in her new skill. Nobody had ever seemed too concerned with whatever it was the priestess wasted her time with; unfortunately enough that actually ended often in her feelings getting hurt. She nodded toward her company and allowed her tail to sway ever so slightly in the light breeze. 'He truly is something, isn't he?' she chuckled to herself, then concentrated on the correct mindset for her practice.

The priestess had never been quite too sure of how she accomplished such acts, though talking to the higher power had always came to her as easy as breathing. Previous nervousness seemed to go to waste as Kjors' 'mother' entered her thoughts almost effortlessly. She continued on with her usual one-sided conversation as she felt the deity's energy remain present, hopefully listening to anything Mahle could possibly muster up to say. With her previous pack, the former-princess's efforts weren't nearly as strong when it came to granting forgiveness, though she couldn't help but feel some sort of strange connection between herself and her acquaintance. It was absolutely necessary for this specific God to understand Kjors' innocence toward his faith, emphasis would be the key to ending his chain of misfortune.

Only after she was completely one-hundred percent satisfied with her spiel did Mahle bow her end, ending her ritual and cutting communication from the 'Mother'. She was indeed well pleased, and her tail began to sway just a touch faster than before. Going back to previous conversation, Kjors wasted no time pulling her away from her smug state to question her current living situations. "Oh,, uh.." having been caught off guard, the priestess had to take a moment to recall common information. "Silent moon plateau.." she let out a sheepish smile as the name slipped from her muzzle. "They're feeding me great, actually. Though the company isn't exactly the most pleasant." rolling her eyes, the medicinal canine couldn't help but find Celandine's angry mug gazing upon her from inside of her thoughts. " I suppose it's not right to complain.."

Word count: 349

I play among the stars and then fall so low.

Mahle Psyxḗ
(This post was last modified: Jul 31, 2015, 11:13 PM by Mahle.)
I'm a mountain that has been moved,
I'm a fugitive that has no legs to run.
I'm a preacher with no pulpit,
Spewing a sermon that goes on and on.
Played by Ace who has 347 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
The wagging tail was a good sign – a very good sign. The subordinate had never placed @Mahle as the sort to act just to please others. It could only mean she'd actually reached The Mother, and was pleased with whatever had transpired between them. Taught well enough not to ask, the male only dipped his head, allowing himself a small smile as they changed the topic away from the ritual. Now that she was fed and cared for, the priestess was…much more likeable, the man decided, sizing up the yearling. It was a shame she was put to waste in another pack.

"Silent Moon Plateau, huh? Can't say Ah know much 'bout it. Where's it located?" he wondered, trying to imagine it on his mental map. About to ask after the alphas, at well, Kjors caught the subtle change in the female's expression and narrowed his single eye. Being fed was all well and good, but at what price, he wondered. Tipping his head, he shuffled closer, reaching out to touch his nose to the yearling's muzzle.

"They ain't here. Naw like Ah' gonna tell 'em. Have plen'y a' complaints meself. Hard t' enjoy things when y'ain't th' one settin' 'em up, Ah suppose," he huffed, ears swinging back as he shook the traitorous thought from his mind. Now was not the time. Kisla had given him no reason to defect – his dislike for certain other pack members would not drive him from the small home he'd made with the Baranski princess. "They 'ppreciate yer talents proper, Mahle? Ain't exactly a lot of priestesses runnin' 'round, 'specially not with yer particular abilities. Powerful, tha' is."

[Image: honeybadgerace.png]
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

"Mmm" Mahle desperately tried to recall landscapes in which her company would be familiar with, though the task was rather difficult. She hadn't known the names of many locations surrounding her home, in fact just about the only thing she knew for certain was that they existed. "Have you ever traveled to.. d..Dragonfly...Fen?" She questioned herself, though secretly hoped he'd already been familiar with the place. "We're not far from there, just travel west a little.." The priestess couldn't help but worry if sharing the plateau's location with an outsider was the best idea, had any of the wolves she'd lived with been present she'd surely find herself banished. Perhaps even injured, worse case scenario dead. The yearling didn't know these wolves, even if she'd like to pretend otherwise. 'On the other hand, would that really be so bad..?'

Kjors' words brought comfort once more to the honeyed Psyxḗ, reminding her that Celandine was, and will remain, miles away from them. They'd never meet, and even if circumstances allowed such an event, he'd honestly probably hate the stuck up loon. Sighing, Mahle worked up the courage to finally speak ill of her new residence. "It wasn't exactly spoken, but made clear in other ways nonetheless.." her tail stopped it's blissful sway as she placed a more serious expression upon her face. "I'm not to talk of my spirituality, let alone my special abilities.. Apparently they wouldn't be very keen about it all..." Reasoning still remained unclear to the former-princess, but she'd learnt not to pry upon arrival. Not with the princess at least.

"Hadn't I promised to teach you something? I didn't intend on turning this into a pity party, my apologies." She smiled lightly, trying to detour the conversation elsewhere before things found to be too emotional.  

Word count: 300

Mahle Psyxḗ
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson

For the second time, Kjors found himself wondering how the young priestess had wound up in such a place. While he had little first-hand knowledge of the wolves of Silent Moon Plateau himself, it did nothing to stop the male from forming an opinion of the gathering west of the Dragonfly Fen. (He had to assume they lived somewhere on the mountain, if their name was anything to go by. The group had to be south of Lost Lake, where Namid and her pack resided. Perhaps he would investigate, at a later date.) The yearling before him was clearly unhappy with her decision to take up residence among them, and he did not consider her the unreasonable sort. She was clever, in fact, able to play his game alongside him, and a gifted woman, though she could benefit from a bit of mentoring and someone to oversee her growth into a powerful priestess.

And the alphas of Silent Moon were squandering all this, clearly. Was this why the youth was wandering so far north in the first place?

The dragon sighed heavily, ears sweeping back as he shook his head and fixed @Mahle with a stern expression. "Livin' in secrecy ain't 'ny way t' live, lass. You an' Ah may not share our spiritual views, but tha' ain't no reason fer ye t' be told not t' practice whatcha know. S'a basic right of decency, t' be allowed t' practice yer faith in peace," he murmured vehemently, clearly passionate on the topic. While it was true the young female did not share his belief in the Mother, he would have never banned her from her own practices. Everything had its place in the world, and the former princess clearly accepted his own views without questioning them – he owed her the same. Shouldn't any pack that took her in?

The entire situation did not sit well with Kjors. Tipping his head, he allowed his companion to proceed back to the water if she wished. "Y'did. Bu' this is different. There's life as a subordinate, an' then there's oppression. Ah'd wager y'fall into th' second category, lass. Y'could do much better than this, hm? Allowed t' practice in peace, safely, wi' help, yes?"

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

The conversation was honestly beginning to make Mahle uncomfortable, but only because the circumstances were beyond her control. Of course she'd rather leave the plateau, practice her spirituality with peace and honor, but life could never just be that simple. "The princess would, apparently, rather not let her family know that who she'd recruited happened to be crazy.. or something.." she sighed, realizing that the phenomenon sounded much less desirable being spoken aloud. Quietly making her way back toward peace, something only the water could provide to her, the priestess tried her best not to grow frustrated while thinking of ways to prove that her life was 'livable' enough to continue with. Perhaps in efforts to trick Kjors, or perhaps in efforts to trick herself.

"I mean, I'm alive. I'm not starving and delusional anymore.." she stated, knowing quite well that those weren't valid reasons on their own. "It's not like I can leave, I owe the princess a debt.." and by that she meant her life, but for what reasoning would such a minuscule detail be worth mentioning? "It's against everything I stand for.. backing out of a promise." she faked a smile, but paid careful attention to avert eye contact for a while. "I'm alright, I can still practice on my own. I suppose that's why I haven't been home much as of recent."

Mahle didn't need scrying to figure out that there'd be no positive future for her residing in the plateau, it was common knowledge. Even yet, there was nothing the honey-pelted wolf could do to change her fate without unnecessary conflict. 'Oppression, eh? Can't say I'd deny the accusation.'

Word count: 274

Mahle Psyxḗ
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson

Kjors grunted softly, lips curling back in a disgusted snarl. Crazy. That was probably the kindest word this princess had for her new recruit – why would the former heiress take such cruel treatment? She owed nothing for forced servitude or abuse – she had been brainwashed, not saved. Ears pressed flat against his skull, he reached forward with one paw to push against the woman's shoulder. "Stop. Yer defendin' someone who would enslave ya," he hissed, golden eye flickering as the dragon reared its ugly head. How dare some entitled bitch think to lay claim to a powerful priestess…and then deny the woman something she needed as desperately as any mortal wolf needed air!

The entire situation disgusted him, if that was not made evident by his sour expression. (While not much different than his usual expression, he displayed much more passion now than he did on a more day-to-day basis.) "Y'don't owe her 'nythin'. Why don'tcha come with me, huh?" he growled, glancing over his shoulder once as if to indicate the general direction of his home. Hearthwood River wasn't perfect, but it had its benfits. @Karina was there, most importantly, but his princess would be much more interested in learning or practicing with the other yearling than she would be oppressing her.

Scrying had temporarily been forgotten – in Kjors' opinion, there were more important matters at stake outside of his arcane education. Mahle was being smothered – he could see it, plain as day. "Y'ain't been home – they ain't missin' ya, if they haven't come lookin'. Come back t' Hearthwood River. Kisla don't give a shit what Ah do, 'long as Ah keep helpin' th' pack an' trainin' th' yearlin's. 'long as you strengthen th' border 'er fill th' cache, y'can practice yer talents in yer free time. No need t' hide."

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

It came as a shock when Kjors seemingly got angry, and Mahle was quick to fall silent. Enslavement? Though there were some striking similarities between the two, the priestess wouldn't quite address her situation in such a rough manner. She'd never been forced to offer up her life to the princess, it was simply the only thing of value the honeyed yearling had to give at the time. Without that rather frowned upon exchange, she'd more than likely be dead anyways. 'It's not that bad.. Keep telling yourself it's not that bad..' she glowered.

The offer was more than inviting, though something Mahle was certain she'd never be able to accept. Even if she'd decided to leave the plateau, what would that make of Celandine? Say the princess didn't lose the last bit of sanity she held, what if she sought out for the priestess? The Argyris had never once appeared forgiving to the yearling, and without a doubt someone would end up getting hurt. Reluctantly shaking her head, the medicine wolf waited to see if Kjors had anything left to add.

"That sounds wonderful, it really does.." Mahle spoke in a soft tone laced with a bit of sorrow. "Almost too wonderful.." pausing for a moment, the priestess had to really bargain with herself not to take up the offer. "I don't think the spirits would be too keen on me breaking a promise.. and Celandine, well... She's dangerous right now.. I don't want anyone to suffer because of me.." She bowed her head to show respect toward such gratitude, even if it was a fate she'd never be lucky enough to experience first hand.

Word count: 276

Mahle Psyxḗ
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
"Shame."

Kjors shook his head, expression twisting into a wry grimace. It was more than a simple shame, it was a waste, an absolute waste. It was clear to him, despite never meeting the princess of the plateau, that Mahle was being both wasted and suffocated all at once. If she didn't leave soon, she might never – and what good would her gift be then? Would it matter if the spirits did or did not approve, were she dead? But he'd not argue the point any further, not right now. The seed had been planted, and he would allow the priestess both the privacy and the time to mull it over.

If she wished to return to Silent Moon Plateau, he'd not stop her. He'd not take her hostage. If she wanted to join him, she'd do it willingly, or she'd not do it. The Mother would not approve of using force in such a manner, and he knew it. Being forgiven just now, it seemed absolutely idiotic to risk anything close to her ire so soon. So it was only a suggestion made, and nothing more. The door was left open, if Mahle ever changed her mind, but the conversation was dropped, and the one-eyed dragon withdrew.

"Well, Ah ought be goin'. Travel's slow, like this, an' me princess 's prolly…worried," he groused, away she'd be none to happy with his disappearance. Ah well. He could suffer Karina's fretting – she was nothing like the witch his friend was forced to serve. "Good luck, lass. An' don' ferget wha' Ah said." And with that, Kjors turned, lumbering back towards Kingsfall and the princess that had captured his heart.

Exit.