(See All?) Announcements
534 Users Online
Bing, Google, Mouseling, Atlas

Where Do We Go From Here? — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
She didn't want to think about it anymore. It didn't matter how many times she replayed the scene over and over it her head, it would never get any better. Des would never be a good subordinate. No matter how she twisted the plot, the story always ended the same. A thief snuck onto pack territory and almost got away with the Queen's own personal stash, and the girl who wished to be a scout could only watch in horror. Sometimes, she wondered if pack life really was for her. It was one thing, having friends, providing food, keeping an eye on the puppies. It was entirely another, actually fighting other wolves, wolves she knew, wolves she considered friends!

No.

No, she was going to let it go. She was here, with Kajika, and it would be a shame to ruin her friend's company with such bitter, unhappy thoughts. He had only joined Fallen Tree Cove, after all, and surely that was a good sign. Things couldn't go badly, not when the swarthy male was here with her. "A friend, huh? Well, I guess I wouldn't have thought of it. A guardian, maybe. You're very protective," she hummed, slowing her pace as she mulled the thought over. No, it wasn't something she would have suggested, but now that the other subordinate mentioned it…well, it really didn't seem so bad at all. "You know, you do always give real good advice. You've never done me wrong. Taught me to fish, and how to fight. You know, maybe you could be a teacher! Like an advisor, but you'd get to work with the puppies."

Desideria paused as they neared the lake, slowly halting as she turned to regard her friend seriously. "A role…is kinda a big thing though, you know? You should make sure you pick something that you like. I like scouting. I like to run, and to explore, and to talk, that's what I'm good at. It makes me happy. I want you to be happy, too."

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

I am SO sorry that took me so long. ;~; Her muse just...wouldn't talk. I missed Kajika. <33 I promise to be better now.
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

For a while now Kajika had been considering what he should do now that he was in a pack.  Many ideas had passed through his thoughts but being one that didn’t find that he was especially good at anything in particular felt that seeking the advice of others who knew him might help him to discover what he was best at and that could help him to figure out what his role should be within the pack.  He thought that Des knew him best and she would give him an honest answer to his question.  She had proved that when he had asked her opinion about him joining Fallen Tree Cove, he knew how she felt about it and yet she seemed to have set whatever feelings aside to help him to decide.  He had no doubt that she would do the same now.

When the topic of their conversation had changed he told her what Veho had said to him as he was curious about what opinion she might hold in regards to it.  “Yes, I met him on one of my trips back north and then again recently,” Kajika explained a smile upon his lips when she spoke about his protectiveness, “I suppose that is true,” he agreed.  Kajika knew that he would protect those that he cared about with his life if that was what it took.  As Des slowed her pace Kajika came up beside her as she spoke in regards to how he’d taught her and advised her in the past, “I hadn’t really considered becoming a teacher,” he stated considering what Des had suggested, “I guess in a way I would be doing what I have wanted to since I got here if I did decide to take that path.  I could help the puppies and others in the pack with whatever problems they might be having with their skills and help them to become better,” he said thinking out loud, “Do you really think it might suit me?”

When she stopped he did as well listening as she spoke about the responsibility of a role and it being something that he wanted to do.  “Of course you’re right about that.  It should definitely be something that I enjoy and I think that if I can use my role to help others I will be happy in it.”  He then nudged her cheek with his muzzle, “I’m glad that you have finally found something that makes you happy.”

~Table by Ace

No worries I know how it can be.
(This post was last modified: Aug 12, 2015, 01:38 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Well, I'm glad you have friends outside the pack, too. I think that's healthy. Keep in touch with the outside world? I think one of the problems with the Barreda clan was that they were so busy with their inner workings that…well, it was easy to forget life went on outside your den. Maybe that's why my mom put it on a riverbank and forgot to warn us what to do if it rained," the woman rambled, brows knitting together at the memory. She loved her mother, truly, but the older she got, the more certain Des became that her dam really hadn't done the best job she could have. It was all water under the bridge now (or down the road, as the story went), but the memory still surfaced, every once in a while.

After a moment, she leaned back into Kajika's touch, pink tongue flashing out against his lower chin. This was her favorite wolf, she'd decided, her favorite wolf in the whole world. As much as she appreciated her mother, as deeply as she cared about her younger brothers, Kajika was so much more than that. He was a friend, perhaps the first true companion she'd had outside of family ties, he was always good company, and it was evident he cared – not just about her and her welfare, but his contributions to the pack and how he might help other wolves. "I think you could be either things. You've always given me very good advice, though I suppose it would be different with the leaders. It would be about things that affected the whole pack, or relationships with other packs! That's a lot of responsibility," she sighed, shaking her head. That was not something she would ever want to shoulder. "On the other hand, I think teaching is a lot less pressure? And it would be different every day. I guess it depends on what kind of situation you prefer."

And that was something only the male beside her could answer. After a moment, the wolf shook herself out of her melancholy and bumped up her friend one more time. Breaking forward into a trot, she jogged down towards the lake. "C'mon, Kaj! Time to swim. We could both use a little training," Des shouted over her shoulder as she splashed into the water. It was fortunate she liked being so active, she thought as she waded up past her belly and began to swam, or Vespertio's assignment would have been a living nightmare.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika smiled when she said that she was glad he had friends outside of the pack.  Though he supposed it was to be expected considering the amount of time he’d been on his own before joining Fallen Tree Cove.  “I think you are right having friends outside of the pack is good.  Not just to know what is going on outside the pack but also for help in some matters.  Sometimes having the opinion from someone on the outside can be a great help. I suppose when you’re in a pack it can be easy to get wrapped up in what is going on inside of it that you do forget there is another world outside especially if you stay within pack lands at all times.”  Kajika did enjoy the hunting trips that he took because they helped him to stay in touch with the world that he had known when he had been a loner.

She returned his gesture with a lick on his chin and her body pressing against his, the familiarity of her touch was a comfort when he was surrounded by some many new things.  He realized that he didn’t think that he could have joined any other pack but hers.  She was most definitely the one wolf that he cared most about in the world and he couldn’t imagine his life without her in it which was something that he hoped would never change.  “Thank you but you are right it would be much different with the leaders and they would have to be able to trust the advice that I would be giving them.  I don’t that that is a role that I could achieve till I have proven myself to Namid.” He didn’t think that he had proven to Namid that he could trust him.

“Perhaps I should start out with a teaching role, maybe that would show Namid and Vespertio that I am trustworthy and then I could work up to an advisor role.  What do you think?” He asked even though he thought he already knew what she would say.  Her bump against him brought him from his thoughts about the questions that he was facing and he joined her as she trotted away from him toward the lake.  “Perhaps so,” he agreed when she said they both needed the training, “I think I might be a little out of shape since I am not always traveling,” he said with a chuckle as he entered the water behind her.  When he was at the same depth as Des he pawed at the water splashing it in her direction.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Aug 17, 2015, 09:44 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Sounds fair enough," Desideria reasoned, bobbing her head. She was trying to prove herself to the pair of alphas as well, but her favored role, while it did require some faith on their leaders' part, did not insist on nearly as much responsibility. The female would be free to roam the boarders, and it kept the itch in her paws from getting to unbearable. Truly, the rogue was finding she loved the exercise and the idea of making herself as fit as possible – as much as she loved puppies, she could not imagine giving this up to teach them.

Once Kajika joined her in the lake, she opened her mouth to add her two cents once more. Instead of words falling out, a small wave splashed right in. Sputtering indignantly, the woman turned and slapped her tail across the surface of the lake, much like a beaver. While it did not have anywhere near the same dramatic effect, she was able to return a little of the attack. It gave her a moment's head start, the scout pushing off and swimming into deeper water. This was excellent strength training.

And, bonus! It was a lot of fun!

The woman grinned as she cackled in delight, legs pumping through the cool water as she surged towards a small spit of land across the cove. "Race you there!" Des challenged her friend, ears sweeping back in determination. "Loser has to catch dinner!" Not that it would be any trouble for either of them, she supposed, but games were always more fun when there were actual stakes involved.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“I Think that I should speak with Namid though,” he stated. Des seemed to think that his thoughts were good.  Kajika knew that before he made any real decisions about what he was to do and how he was to make himself useful to the pack that he would have to talk with Namid first about it and get her thoughts on the matter.  Perhaps he would have that talk with her in the next few days and then he could get started on the path to having a role in the pack.  It was something that was important to him and he wanted to do well at it. He also knew that he would have to help with the puppies and maybe being able to spend some time around them might help him to get over the nervousness that he felt, he still wasn’t sure where that came from but in order to be in a pack he knew that he would have to get over it if he was going to be in the pack.  After having gotten the opinion of the most important wolf in his life it was time for them to take a swim.

Kajika followed Des into the water but he felt that it was a good time for a romp so he pawed the water in order to splash her.  He didn’t expect for the water to go right into her mouth but he also wouldn’t help the chuckle when it did.  Then she was turning and splashing him with her tail the water showering over him but not with the same strength his splash had.  In the time that he had to react to her splash she’d already taken the plunge into deeper water and after his recovery he followed her.

She declared that she wanted a race, Kajika gave her a nod that he agreed to a race with her but he found himself chuckling once more when she stated that the loser was going to have to catch dinner.  “Are you sure that is the wager you want to make,” he challenged confident.  After all he had the longer legs and the larger body to propel himself through the water better, he was sure that he would win.  Thought if she lost it would give him a chance to see how her fishing skills were coming along since the lesson he’d given her.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Aug 23, 2015, 09:40 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Yeah, of course I do!" the woman crowed happily, paws flared in the water as she surged forward, leaving a wake of ripples behind. The heavy conversation was temporarily forgotten and the scout in training felt free for the moment, her autumn eyes wild as she paddled through the water. Her fluffy tail sat atop the surface and she used the limb like a rudder as she continued her journey, only sparing Kajika the quickest of looks over her shoulder.

He was catching up, quickly!

Desideria gave a bark, a challenge and a laugh all wrapped up into one as she tried to strengthen her efforts. The head start was her only advantage – otherwise, she was smaller, and not quite as strong as her friend. Her legs were shorter, and she knew for a fact she didn't have nearly the strength, or the stamina. The larger wolf was quickly gobbling up her lead, and while she struggled to maintain it, he was by her side within moments. Ears flattened with her increased efforts, breath coming in ragged pants as they streamed towards the other shore. Soon her paws touched the sandy shore beneath them and she bolted forward, but the dark male was still ahead, and she offered a hearty laugh as she pulled herself ashore, shaking out her pale pelt.

"Fine, fine, you win," she crowed, eyes sparkling – the loss did not weigh on her mind at all. "Clearly I gotta do more of that swimming. We should train together! It's a lot more fun with you here," Des chattered on, giving herself another firm shake and slinging water all over her friend. "Now, fair's far. What do you want for dinner?"

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika couldn’t help but chuckle at his friend after she had confirmed that she did indeed want to make the wager that she’d suggested.  “Alright I accept,” he told her just as she flew into the water ahead of him.  He knew that if he wanted he could always let her win but they were supposed to be doing a bit of training so he didn’t think that it would do her any good if he let her win, no she had to push herself if she was going to get her training in for the day so he threw himself into the water set on surpassing her keeping in mind all the while that this was good for her and she would greatly benefit from it.  He only felt slightly bad that his size did give him something of an advantage.

He paddled his legs hard pushing every bit of strength he had into them as he pulled himself through the water in order to catch up with her.  That was his main goal just then, he would worry about passing her once he had caught up to her.  All of his efforts were soon paying off as the distance between them started to shrink and soon enough he had finally caught up with her and with a burst of energy he pushed himself past her as he headed to the other shore confident that he was going to win this one and the bet that she had suggested.  Soon enough he felt the bottom of the lake under his paws once again and he pulled himself from the water shaking it from his pelt as he reached the dryer shore of the other side.  There he waited for her to join him. 

“Yes it seems I did,” he said teasingly as she admitted her defeat though it was nice to win it wasn’t something that he would dwell on.  “Well you tell me when and I will be happy to train with you,” he told her when she said that she needed to do more.  “I expect a few more of those races and you will be giving me a run for my money.” He was confident in that, all she needed was a little more work and to push herself each time and she would get herself to where she wanted to be.  “I think I would like to see how your fishing skills are coming along,” he said when she asked what he wanted for dinner.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2015, 01:05 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
“You just tell me whenever you want a race, and you’re on!” the woman purred happily, her tail swinging wildly behind her. She’d always been a competitive sort – once, it’d been wrestling with her baby brothers, but it was fun to have packmates willing to engage in shenanigans with her every once in a while. Sure, it was training, but training didn’t have to be boring (something she felt some of the more serious wolves probably felt, like Anthem), and it didn’t have to be lonely, either. What was a better way to make sure her skills were improving than comparing them against a friend?

As much as she enjoyed the game, Dezzy wasn’t much of a sore loser. Defeat was met with a smile and a bob of her head as the younger wolf decided he would liked to eat some fish. “Coulda guessed that,” she laughed, wading back into the shallows to wait for a fish. Her patience had vastly improved, the woman was able to hover above the surface quietly. Paws did not move and her breathing quieted, the female becoming another feature in the river as she waited. When a particularly sizable bass swam by, the woman dove with gaping jaws. As splash followed before she reared back, shaking her head and the water from her ears as green scales glimmered in her teeth as she puttered back to shore, dropping the prize at her friend’s feet.

“Ta daaaa~” she laughed, shaking water again and spraying her companion. “One fish, fresh from Lost Lake. Eat up!”

Maybe one more post from Kajika and we can fade out and archive?
(This post was last modified: Sep 06, 2015, 08:49 PM by Desideria.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“I will hold you to that,” he told her and he intended to and soon.  It was the times like these when they were able to spend time together that he enjoyed most. What made it better was that they no longer had the underlying dread of his departure just beneath the surface.  Their meetings seemed to be much happier affairs and even if it didn’t work out in the pack he’d had the chance to know what it was like to spend time with his friend and for them to just have fun without having to worry about anything else. Even though this was supposed to have been training for them both he felt that it had been more of a game for them, t had been a long time since he’d been able to just go out and have fun without having to think about the dangers he might face or what he was going to eat in a few hours time, it was nice.

He had declared that he wanted fish, after all they were right next to the lake.  Why waste a perfectly god opportunity to see how she had come along in her skill of catching fish.  He laughed at her comment, “Rather obvious was it?” he joked.  He watched as she set to work in catching his dinner.  He did have to admit that she had gotten much better since the last time that he had seen her fish and he was felt pride at that.  Seeing how improved she was made him wonder if perhaps he could do the same thing with the pups and help them to be successful pack members.  It certainly was something to keep in mind while trying to make his decision.

Soon she had caught his fish and was shaking the water off of her pelt which hit him in the face causing him to close his eyes for a moment as the droplets landed against his fur.  Opening them once more he smiled, “Thank you,” he stated, “Would you like to share this one or shall I catch you one?” He asked her, “By the way have become rather skilled at fishing.”

~Table by Ace

[/color][/size]
Sorry for the wait.  That's fine.
(This post was last modified: Sep 13, 2015, 04:08 PM by Kajika.)