(See All?) Announcements
526 Users Online
Bing, Viorel, Google

A New Day — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

“Yes,” he smiled, his voice accompanied by a short nod, “Some of the pack disappeared during the flood, but your father stepped up once we relocated. He is a natural leader.” From what XIX could remember, the agouti had little issues with others trying to dethrone him. Due to unforeseeable events, Lachesis had been thrust into the position of his second. Never had the ghost felt the lust for leadership; he had always been content being Maksim’s right hand man. They had been an unlikely duo, but it had worked, their friendship strengthening through the roles they possessed.

Despite the desolate landscape of the tundra, Lachesis often missed the land that birthed him. It was not like the lowlands here; no, it was so much more. Perhaps, one day, he would return—but, for now, this was home and until he felt the overwhelming desire to seek out his birthplace once more, it would remain his home. “Hunting is definitely one thing the lowlands is good for,” he agreed with another nod. There was always an abundance of food, as the herds often travelled through the open terrain in order to migrate to another section of the Lore, for it was easier than travelling through the mountains. “I hope we will be one day.” A frown creased his stoic features, brow furrowing. “It’ll take time.”

The young Baranski’s optimism was a welcome change. His previous scowl was wiped away and he nodded in agreement, chartreuse gaze fixated on the smudge. “I think you’d make an excellent recruiter,” he laughed, tail wagging behind him enthusiastically. Perhaps Inna was the face Hearthwood needed to attract loners to their ranks…

(This post was last modified: Nov 30, 2016, 05:17 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Until speaking with Lachesis about her father Inna hadn't ever given much thought to how he had become the leader. She supposed that it was because to her he had always been the one in charge of Hearthwood and always would be. Part of wished that it was her father telling her these stories but she liked hearing them from Lachesis. “What happened to the previous leaders? Were they part of the pack members who disappeared?” She asked curiously wanting to know the whole story of how her father became alpha. “I suppose he saw the pack in need and knew he could help them,” she said with a nod. She'd always thought he was a very good leader as least what she had been able to see of her father leading in her short life. Thinking about his current condition and the fact that he couldn't lead the pack he had built right now but she had hope that he would be able to get back to it soon.

Lachesis had compared the lowlands to the Tundra where he had come from but after having visited them she was sure it couldn't be the home for her. She also could see why he would prefer Hearthwood to the Tundra but she could also see how he might miss it too. “Perhaps it's the place to hunt this winter? There might be a better chance of catching the prey we need to get us through.” It was just a thought she had and since Lachesis was older with more experience she thought it a good idea to run it past him. They would need the food and if their prey became scarce at any point it could prove to be a good option. Inna nodded in agreement with her leader, “Maybe the efforts of a few can change the view of all of the packs to work towards that end someday,” she added thoughtfully. It could be hopeful thinking or it could come true but Inna knew Lachesis was right, it would take time.

Winter was a time when Lone wolves looked for packs to join and she hoped that some would come their way. She felt they needed to increase their numbers so everyone would get taken care of through the colder months. She smiled shyly at Lachesis’ compliment, “Thank you, I need to get out there and try to bring some loners in then.” She was glad that he thought she would be able to bring wolves looking for a home into theirs.

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2017, 11:18 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: fixed missing divs )
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His lips tightened at the girl’s question, his brows pinched together as he searched through his memory to answer her correctly. Truthfully, he could not remember what had happened to the previous leaders. So much had happened when the rapids flooded—they had lost a number of wolves in the chaos. “I’m not sure,” he answered after a pregnant pause, a frown creasing his lips. “We gathered as many wolves as we could and moved to Cedarwood, where your father claimed Cut Rock River. I had not been part of the pack very long before the flood so I was not acquainted with most of the members, unfortunately.” Aside from Lachesis, there weren’t any former Darkwater wolves left in the river pack—another legacy gone. “Kingsfall is definitely where we were meant to end up, though. It feels like home here.” He nodded, softly. There would be no more shuffling around for the ghost or the river wolves.

“Yes, definitely.” His tail wagged in agreement, the corner’s of his eyes crinkling as he smiled. “Prey will start passing through the tundra to get to warmer territories—it’ll be the perfect time for us to hunt.” The weather of the Lore was always unpredictable, so it was difficult to determine how the winter was going to be. Sometimes it was painfully cold and other times it was mostly bearable. Lachesis was accustom to the cold and even preferred it, but he knew that some—most—wolves were impartial to the chilly temperatures.

Inna was pleasantly optimistic and it was oddly refreshing. Pessimistic thoughts consumed him more than he would like to admit; the thoughts she spoke aloud were like a breath of fresh air. “I do feel more confident with the packs in the north. Some our neighbours at Cut Rock weren’t pleasant to interact with.” Everything was more spaced out in the expanse, giving the packs more space to roam—and recruit. “You have my permission to travel as far as you feel necessary to recruit. I have the utmost faith in you.” He flashed her another smile before speaking once more, this time curiosity driving him. “Have you thought about pursuing a pack role in the future?”

(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2016, 06:07 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna had become curious about how her father had come to be the leader of Hearthwood and the circumstances surrounding the founding of Cut Rock River. She was glad that Lachesis was willing to share the story with her and answer her questions about what had happened. It was a long moment before he answered her last question. Unfortunately he couldn't give her an answer about the previous leaders but his reasoning was completely understandable. However despite that it brought up another question for her but it wasn't really about the pack this time. “Why did you decide to join the pack with my father?” She wondered if her father might have had an influence or if there were other reasons that he had ended up in the pack that had formed into Cut Rock River. She smiled and nodded in agreement with him, “I think if we weren't meant to be here the circumstances that lead my parents to finding this place wouldn't have happened. That's one of the reasons I think it's so important for us to do what we can to stay here.” There were more reasons but she felt they were rather obvious.

She was glad when He agreed with her about hunting in the lowlands. She felt that it could be an important place to try and find prey when it became more scarce later in the season. Though she had been young and didn't completely understand everything the previous winter she now knew more. Now that she was hunting for the pack Inna didn't see how it wouldn't happen. The food for them in Hearthwood would only last so long and they would have to find more, it was the same with the pack. “Then we must take advantage when it happens to ensure we have enough food to make it through the winter.” Though there were fewer of them now they still had themselves to keep fed so they could hunt and the pups so they could grow.

Though their numbers were low she felt that with winter coming they would grow. Even if those that came because winter was might leave in the spring there was always the chance they would stay. Inna didn't see any reason not to be hopeful about that and with Lachesis speaking of recruiting she felt that maybe she should try to bring wolves that would fit in home. “Thank you, I will of course do what I can to help them see what a great pack we are.” When she did go out recruiting Inna would make sure to pick wolves she thought would be best for the pack. Then Lachesis asked about a role. Again Inna nodded, “Mother spoke about me maybe working to be a scout. She felt it would help my adventurous curiosity.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2017, 11:18 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: fixed missing divs )

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

“Truthfully, it had not been my idea,” he admitted in response to the Baranski’s question, a soft smile tugging at his lips. “Originally I was the healer of a pack in the most southern point of the Lore.” He paused, his brows knitting together as he remembered his days in the Fen. “My travelling partner, Anastasia, and I had joined the pack—Pitch Pine Trail—prior to its formation. We were happy there, for awhile. Unfortunately, after the leader passed away unexpectedly, the pack began to fall apart. Anastasia and I left before it crumbled; she was the one that found Maksim and Darkwater Rapids.” He would forever be grateful to his blue-eyed china doll, and there was not a day that went by that he did not miss her. It was because of her that he was here, now, speaking to Inna.

He nodded at her words, his tail wagging in agreement. “I couldn’t agree more.” Hearthwood was there home; even Maksim had so himself. This was where both males had agreed to stay, until the end of their days. Lachesis would do anything and everything to ensure the pack did not fall apart. And he was glad that Inna seemed to be on the same page.

“With both the tundra and the forest we should have enough hunting grounds to ensure everyone is well fed,” he added with a short, curt nod. As long as they did not step on their neighbours’ territory they would be fine. Lachesis did not need to make any enemies before the arrival of winter.

Another smile found its way onto his pale maw, his chartreuse gaze focused on the inky Baranski. He truly was grateful for her return. “I know you will do a fine job,” he assured, his tail wagging in agreement. The ghost nodded, once more, as Inna mentioned that her mother had already spoken to her about a possible role within the pack. “I agree with your mother; I think the role of scout would be perfect for you.” She had wandering paws, like Lachesis, and the role of scout would help soothe her adventurous spirit. The obsidian girl was also exceptionally diplomatic for someone so young, an ideal trait for a scout. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Lachesis had always been a constant in her life so she’d always assumed that he had always been close with her mother and father so hearing that he hadn’t always known them made her want to know how he become part of their pack. He seemed happy to answer her question and give her some of his back story which she was glad that he was giving her a chance to get to know him better since he was part of the family, at least she considered him so. “Do you think you would have stayed with Pitch Pine Trail had it not fallen apart?” Perhaps the fall of Pitch Pine Trail was justanotherblock in the building of Hearthwood River. “Anastasia did well in bringing you into my father’s life and helping you find a home where you can truly feel at home,” stated Inna, “I’m glad she did,” she said a little quieter.

As Lachesis explained the past to her and all of the things that had happened over the years before Hearthwood had come to be and before she was born it started to make her feel as though her home was always meant to be. This was where her family belonged and though they’ve had some hardships in their time in the northern forest it was still worth fighting for. And Lachesis agreed with her which made her smile, “Then we will until my father is better.”

Inna nodded, “I think it will be plenty as well,” she agreed. Since she had been to the lowlands before she knew where she could and couldn’t go though she hoped that if she ever did go there again she would have a chance to speak with Lorcan again. Perhaps they could have another hunt together.

She was glad that Lachesis had full faith in her where recruiting was concerned. It was important to her that he did since he was the alpha until her father was better she wanted him to know that he could count on her, “Thank you.” She had informed him of what her mother had said about what pack role she should take up and he agreed with Kisla that it would be the perfect role for her. “I have been thinking now that I have returned I should start working for that role?” She wasn’t sure but what the process was but she was sure that he could advise her what the right steps would be.

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2017, 10:46 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
sorry for the awful wait <3 @Inna

A frown creased his pale features at her question. He did not know the answer. “I’m not sure,” he answered after a brief pause, his shoulders rolling softly. “If the leader had not passed, perhaps. Like Hearthwood, it soon became our family, but once it started to fall apart it no longer felt like home.” His frown only deepened, pear-green eyes falling, briefly, to his paws. “We felt guilty for leaving but we couldn’t stay. Ana and I had discussed leaving prior to her meeting your father. Their meeting had come at a good time.” The frown was quickly replaced with a soft smile as he met her fiery gaze once more. He nodded in agreement at Inna’s comment about his blue-eyed dove. “I’m glad, too.” It was bittersweet. Anastasia had led him to Maksim and the river wolves all those months ago and now she was no longer here… He wondered if his agouti friend ever thought of the pale dove. XIX dared not ask—even talking to Inna about his pale friend made his heart hurt.

Her passion for Hearthwood’s success was infectious. The ghost wanted nothing more than to see the river pack thrive; they deserved that much. They had endured a natural disaster and the threat of outsiders—Kingsfall was their home and they were not going anywhere. The river wolves were nestled in the perfect spot. With the forest around them and the tundra in the west, they were lucky when it came to hunting grounds. Even if prey was sparse over winter the healer hoped the land they covered would provide enough food for the small pack.

“If it’s what you want, absolutely,” he answered warmly. A scout would be useful to the smaller group—she would be able to travel to nearby territories at her leisure in order to collect information and recruit lone wolves along the way. For Inna, it would be the perfect role. If it was what she wanted. “Is there anything you noticed in your travels—or anything you saw that you would like to look into further?” His head cocked to the side as she studied the young Baranski, his curiosity bubbling inside his chest. Perhaps she had already begun her work on becoming a scout without even trying.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Ooc: No worries. :)

Concern crossed Inna's features when she saw the frown on his face, hoped she had not distressed him too much with her question. Worried he was upset by remembering the past she stepped forward and brushed her muzzle against his jaw in hopes of comforting him before stepping back as he answered her question. “I can't imagine a pack that is falling apart would feel much like home especially when everyone is probably grieving for the loss of their leader.” Inna's gaze drifted to the den where her father was resting before returning to Lachesis as he spoke once more. “I don't think you should feel guilty for leaving,” she expressed, “You can't be blamed for wanting to find a place that did feel like home.” It was the reason she had returned to Hearthwood because she realized that no place would feel like it was her home. Inna returned his smile when he said he was glad that his friend had brought him to meet her father. “I would have liked to have met her she sounds nice.” Inna felt she would have been really nice since she was Lachesis friend.

It comforted her to know that he was just as determined to stay in Hearthwood as she was and that they would fight for it if they had to. Inna wanted nothing more than for her father to get better again and see how well the pack was doing. She felt he deserved that After having to move them from Cut Rock River and then getting sick and remaining that way for as long as he had. She did worry about how long he had been sick but knew he was strong and would get better, he had to.

“It is what I want. I've given it a lot of thought while I was away,” she confirmed for him. She knew it would give her the chance to satisfy her wandering heart and help the pack at the same time. She felt it would be the best role for her with in the pack. Though his next question was one she had to take a moment to consider. Inna shook her head her gaze dropping to her paws, “I'm not sure really,” she stated, “I've seen a lot of places, many I wouldn't mind visiting again but I'm not sure doing that would benefit Hearthwood in any way,” she explained her gaze returning to meet his.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2017, 09:59 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

A soft smile quickly replaced his previous frown at her gesture, his chartreuse gaze softening as she spoke. For a wolf so young she held far more wisdom than what was expected of her. More than even some wolves his age possessed. “It was the right thing to do,” he started, his head nodding in agreement to her words, “for us, anyway.” Lachesis could remember how angry his nephew, Karpos, had been at their departure. Fortunately, their relationship had been mended and the ebony Slayer had joined the river wolves before leaving to see more of what Lore had to offer. XIX hoped that his nephew had found what he was looking for—and that he was happy. He missed him every day, and often hoped that the shadow would return to the river someday.

He nodded slowly at her words, his ears falling slightly as Inna mentioned his blue-eyed china doll. “You would have liked her. She was a remarkable wolf.” Just like Karpos, there was not a day that went by that he did not think of Anastasia. She was the reason why he was here; why he survived. Without her, the lands outside the Reserve would have claimed him. The blue-eyed wolf would always hold a special place in his heart, even if she had disappeared without a word. She would always be forgiven.

The ghost was happy for the change of subject when Inna spoke once more, confirming that pursuing a role as scout was what she wanted. “Good,” he responded, his tail wagging softly, “I’m happy to hear that.” Being plagued with wandering paws was what drove him to pursue to the role of healer. He was still able to see the wonders of the Lore (within reason, of course) and be part of a pack. It seemed that the little Baranski was seeking the same. “Anything could be useful. Does not matter how big or small—all information could be of use to us. There’s always new packs popping up and old ones disappearing. New intel to be discovered.” His words were paired with a sharp wink, his head tipped slightly to the side. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The smile that crossed his faced in response to her gesture pleased Inna, she was glad that she had been able to comfort him at least a little. He was family and had always been there for them especially now with her father sick. He needed to have someone there for him, Inna was happy to be that someone. It was sad the things that he had been through but she was glad that circumstances had brought him to meet her father and he had become a part of their pack. She wasn’t sure where they would be without him now. She offered a small smile at his admission, “Then you made the right choice, Even if it may not seem so at times.” There were times when she had been away that she felt she may not have made the right choice but she didn’t question it anymore. She needed the life experience and while it had been hard it had been the best choice for her.

Inna smiled once more when he said that she would have liked Ana but she saw how his ears fell slightly so she didn’t want to say to much more on the subject that might cause him any pain unless he wanted to talk about it. “I think she would be happy for you,” she stated. She of course didn’t know every single detail but from what he had shared she felt strongly that Ana would be proud and happy.

The subject of their conversation had turned to her and what role she wanted to hold within the pack which had taken some thought on her part. After her mother had mentioned it to her she had considered it during her time away. The Ebony girl smiled when Lachesis seemed happy that this was the path she had chosen for herself. However she had been a little disappointed with herself when she didn’t have any information for him when he asked but she also wasn’t sure what kind of information he was looking for. He was kind enough to clarify it for her, “In future I will find out what information I can and report back with it to see if it is something we can use,” she said with a nod. As with everything else Inna wanted to make sure she did a good job for Lachesis, her father, and her pack.

(This post was last modified: Jan 28, 2017, 06:00 PM by Inna.)