(See All?) Announcements
619 Users Online
Adora, Bing, Google, Lillia, Sophrosnia

sting in the tail — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
We have ten replies but only 4/4 where demonstrating the role is taking place, I think from what I understand of the rules.

The soreness the male would experience from the bruised ribs would no doubt be rather painful. Which was why he had suggested the resin, he didn't want his patient to be unable to catch his dinner or get a drink of water when he needed it. However the male pointed out the trees which the resin needed to be harvested from did not grow anywhere near where they were located. Emrys shook his head irritated with himself that he forgot such an important detail. "You are right about that. Sorry I should have remembered those trees grow near the mountains." And it would take days to go and collect some to bring back to his patient. By then the male would probably be over the worst of the soreness. Emrys felt rather unprepared for this situation and made a note to gather some as soon as he could get back that way. "I feel that may be your only option and hopefully the soreness won't last too long."

The plant that Emrys felt would be best to treat the Sting on the other paw should be readily available to him. "It's a broad leafed plant that is bitter to taste but works well for stings. There should be some nearby, it usually grows in meadow lands like this," he explained hoping to ease his patients mind about using it. "It shouldn't be too hard to find and I am sure that it will work especially to ease the burning and inflammation but if it doesn't we can also try the cedar oil." Emrys didn't think they would need the oil as he was very confident in his choice of remedies. It was just lucky they were in an area where the plant could be found. "It's a pleasure to meet another healer, I'm Emrys. I wouldn't worry about it, there may come a day when I myself might need a healer too. Look on the bright side you are now able to add a new plant to your knowledge." So maybe their meeting and his getting injured happened for a reason, so Lorcan could learn more about the healing arts. "I should go get that plant now so we can get you some relief from those stings."

(This post was last modified: Aug 27, 2016, 03:04 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan smiled softly as the young male realised his mistake. “It’s okay.” He murmured, trying to comfort the alabaster wolf. “It’s annoying, but I guess that’s just part of being a healer – travelling to get the plants you need, or making the best of what you have.” His golden eyes now scanned the woodlands around them as the male continued to talk, taking in the dappled sunlight which danced between the emerald green leaves of the trees, before he turned back to the young male and nodded his head in agreement. In time he would heal. He would just have to keep himself busy for a while around the den and not be tempted to go out hunting on the lowlands, in case he injure himself even more.

When the male told him more detail about the plantain leaves he intended to use on his stings, Lorcan’s head tilted to one side and his tail swayed in genuine interest. “Well, that’s certainly good to know.” He would remember that for the future. Lorcan paused as the male continued speaking and explained that it should ease his sting symptoms. “Hopefully there won’t be any need for the oil.” He agreed, turning his attention back towards the direction he had originally come from, before the unfortunate event had occurred, and moved his head from side to side as he tried to see past the trees towards the lowlands.

“Well, Emrys, let’s hope you’re not as stupid as I was, hm?” Lorcan joked, before Emrys offered to get the plantain leaves that he had been talking about. Having been stung on the paw, Lorcan himself was pretty helpless and somewhat unable to accompany the male. Shifting his body, Lorcan slowly limp-hopped his way towards the base of the tree, before collapsing down with a heavy thud. The subordinate was happy to be a good patient and wait quietly whilst his healer search for the plant. Meanwhile, he would continue to try and prize that darned stinger from his paw with his teeth to pass the time.
(This post was last modified: Aug 27, 2016, 06:30 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Emrys wished there was something nearby that he could offer his patient to help his ribs. Unfortunately there wasn't and the best he could offer was the advice to stay quiet and rest for a few days.  It was disappointing to say the least for the healer to be unable to offer something to relieve some of the pain. Emrys nodded in agreement, "It's hard to know exactly what you might need or if a particular trip will turn into helping someone who is injured or sick." Just like this trip had turned out, if only he could have known then he would have had the resin.  His patient was right, part of being a healer was making the best of what you had and also knowing enough about what was avaliable to use it.

Plantain was a plant that his mother had t a ugh him about. The healer was glad in this instance he did remember what she'd taught him.  Emrys hadn't ever seen the treatment done but he didn't think it would be difficult. Convincing his patient it was a good effective treatment seemed at first to be a little more difficult.  However, the more he explained the other seemed to be warming up to the idea.  "Yes, especially since it's not too difficult to find if you know what your looking for." As for the cedar oil, Emrys didn't think it would be needed.  Still if it helped his patient to have that as a back up he didn't see any reason to discourage him. "Hopefully not but at least we have another option at the ready if we need it."

"I wouldn't say stupid, just youthful exuberance," stated Emrys at Lorcans comment. That said the healer took his leave in search of the plant that would help his patient.  He didn't have to travel far from the tree before he found a small patch of plantains just where he expected to.  Instead of grabbing the number of leaves he would need he dug up two plants, one to make sure he had enough and also for Lorcan to see what it looked like since he was training to be a healer also.  Once he had the plants he made his way back to his patient and dropped them in front of Lorcan.  "Here they are," he stated, "Now all I have to do is chew the leaves and then spread the paste in the stings," Emrys explained before gently pulling two leaves off one of the plants and began chewing them.

(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2016, 07:16 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Although Lorcan felt reasonably confident that Emrys’ plantain would prove useful, it was somewhat comforting to know that there was another potential option out there. When Emrys suggested that it had been more youthful exuberance rather than stupidity that had resulted in him being stung, Lorcan chuckled, bobbing his head in agreement. “I guess I try to enjoy the small things when I can. You can’t be too serious all of your life.” - Although right now Lorcan was pretty serious about treating his beestings, since they were growing increasingly sore.

As he waited for Emrys to return with the plantain, Lorcan got to work nibbling and gnawing at the sting in his paw. When that failed he resorted to licking it to try and dislodge the stinger. A small yelp broke past his charcoal lips as he felt a prickle within his pad, as his rough tongue successfully brushed it free – and just in time it would seem, as he caught a glimpse of Emrys approaching him after returning with the plantain in his jowls. Lorcan wagged his tail as the young male placed the two plants at his paws. His golden eyes studied them, noticing their broad green leaves and the long thin stalks that carried a string of green buds along the tip. Emrys has certainly collected a lot, Lorcan was impressed.

“Thank you.” He replied, before the male explained how he was utilise them. Lorcan nodded, before turning his paw over again to show the pad. “I think I’ve managed to get the stinger out, but I’ll let you treat it all the same.” Once Emrys had applied the paste to his paw, Lorcan would lift his head up to allow the male to treat the two stings on his muzzle, trying to stay as still as possible.
(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2016, 08:48 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Lorcan spoke about enjoying the small things when he could which was something that Emrys could definitely relate to. Being a loner that was sometime all that broke up the monotony of the everyday hunting and collecting of herbs and just over all living life. That was one reason why days like this one were so important, one he was able to use his skill set to help another in need which was most important to him but also it interrupted the daily routine. “No you can’t be serious all of the time, it helps to break away from routines and enjoy the small things that life has to offer,” he stated in agreement.

It hadn’t been hard to find the plant that he was looking for and then it only took a few moments to dig up enough to being back. He was glad for that since he was sure that his patient was in quite a bit of pain and Emrys wanted to get him some relief from it as soon as possible. Once he had the two plants he didn’t waste time making it back, the sooner he got the treatment going the sooner Lorcan would feel much better.

“You’re welcome, I’m just glad that I was here and could help,” stated Emrys with a smile. Lorcan showed the healer his paw and stated that he thought he had the stinger out, “That’s good news it will help the treatment go much faster without more venom being added from the stinger.” It was very good news indeed that Lorcan was able to get the stinger and with his patient’s permission Emrys began the treatment by first chewing two of the leaves and then once they were in a nice past he applied it to Lorcans paw. He thought it might take a couple of minutes for the real effect to take place so in the meantime he chewed leaves for the stings on the agouti male’s muzzle. While his patient held his muzzle up Emrys applied the paste to the two stings there too. “All that’s left to do now is wait for the plant to do its work.”

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
When Emrys accepted his thanks with a smile, Lorcan felt the need to let him know just how much he appreciated his help. “No seriously, if you hadn’t been around, I’d of had to limp myself all the way back to the lowlands.” He said sincerely, a small grimace tugging at his top lip as he imagined that pain that would cause, walking all the distance on his inflicted paw. Shaking the fur around his neck to stop it bristling with imagined discomfort, Lorcan’s golden eyes blinked back to Emrys and watched the white male chewing on the plantain leaves. He studied Emrys carefully as he held his paw still to allow the healer to apply the thick green paste.

The paste felt warm against his skin, having been heated during Emrys’ chewing. Whilst Lorcan didn’t feel any instant relief, apart from the occasional tingling sensation, he remained patient and trusted in the male’s healing skills. Next he allowed Emrys to apply the same green plantain paste to the two stings on his muzzle. His nose wrinkled slightly as he felt the paste tingle. When Emrys suggested that it would take a few moments to take effect Lorcan chirped in excitement. “I can feel it tingling!” Leaning down to touch the tip of his nose to his paw, he realised that the dark skin of his pad now felt tight and less inflamed. “I think the swelling is going down.” He murmured, before tentatively rising to stand on all fours. Whilst his paw still felt a little sore, the pain was much more bearable – more so just a minor irritation now, which Lorcan was sure would get better within a day or two. “It definitely feels a lot better now. Thank you Emrys.”

Stepping forwards a few steps to eye the remainder of the unused plantain that Emrys had collected, Lorcan bit his lip. “Would you mind… I mean, would you allow me to take some of this back with me? Just in case?” He asked with peradventure, unsure if Emrys would be willing to share the herbs that he had collected. He hadn’t met many other healers besides his own mother and he was unsure how protective of their resources they were in general.
(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2016, 01:10 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys hadn’t even considered the possibility that if he hadn’t been there what Lorcan would have had to do in order to get better. His mind had been so full of what needed to be learned so that he could provide the proper treatments and what sort of treatments could be given for the injuries his patient had sustained. “I’m very glad that you didn’t have to limp back to the lowlands I fear that may have taken much too long and possibly made the stings worse.” It was very lucky that he had been here especially if the injuries had been much worse. It was times like this that he had to wonder if perhaps he had been drawn to this place on this day because someone might need his help.

The plantain had been rather bitter during the chewing but it was one of those things that as a healer you had to accept and get used to in order to help the patient. Finally when it was ready he was able to apply it to all of the stings and then it became a waiting game for the paste to take effect. Since it wasn’t his own paw or muzzle that the paste was on he couldn’t know what Lorcan was feeling and had to wait for the agouti male to tell him. Which he finally did, “Good, That means that it’s working and you will hopefully feel some relief very soon.” Then Lorcan stated that he thought the swelling seemed to be going down which prompted Emrys to examine the stings, “It’s not very visible but it does look better.” Now Lorcan could see how the plant worked in case he ever had a need to use it in the future for one of his patients. “I’m glad that it does and I hope that your travels back to the lowlands are much better than if you hadn’t been able to get a treatment. You’re quite welcome, it was my pleasure.”

Emrys shook his head when Lorcan asked if he could take the remainder, “No of course not. It would be best if you did in case you need another treatment of it later. This way you won’t have to collect some on your own and can concentrate on getting better.” Emrys didn’t mind at all in fact it was one of the easier plants to collect and more readily available. To him it was more important that Lorcan had what he needed.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Sorry for the awful post, not feeling too well at the moment, but wanted to get a reply up for you
As the plantain paste tingled against his skin, Lorcan could already feel the pain beginning to slowly subside. He could tell from the tight sensation of around the stings that the swelling the easing off, along with the fact that they no longer felt as hot to the touch. Whilst the pain was by no means completely gone, he was at least able to now place weight upon his paw to walk, which was a relief. As Emrys leaned in to examine the stings on his muzzle, Lorcan done his best to remain still and quiet, allowing the fellow healer to do his work. Lorcan smiled when the alabaster male seemed pleased with the treatment and nodded his head in thanks for his help.

When Lorcan hesitantly asked if he could take some of the plantain, he waited awkwardly for the response, his salmon pink tongue licking at his charcoal lips anxiously. However, his worries were for nothing when Emrys happily agreed, and suggested that it was a good idea in case he the paste needed to be reapplied later on. “Thank you, Emrys. I owe you for this!” He exclaimed, wagging his tail. “I better be going now, but If you ever need me for anything don’t hesitate to call for me in the lowlands – I hang around there most of the time.” He offered sincerely. Lorcan smiled and dipped his head in respect before stepping forward to carefully sweep up one the plant’s delicately in his jaws. He could taste the bitterness of the leaves against his tongue, but done his best to ignore it. Turning in the direction of the lowlands which lay just beyond the trees, Lorcan gave a final chuff in farewell, before trotting – mostly unscathed – back to the monadnock.

-Lorcan exits-
(This post was last modified: Sep 07, 2016, 07:47 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Sorry this took so long, I hope your feeling better. The post was great so don't worry.

Emrys had gotten over his disappointment at not having the resin that would help with the pain Lorcan was sure to be feeling. Instead he vowed that he would always try to be ready for any situation. The treatment of the plantain seem to be working as well as he thought it would be and by evening the stings probably wouldn't be a bother anymore. The bitter taste of the leaves was a small price to pay to help another in need and also nothing a quick drink wouldn't cure. Even though everything seems to be going well Emrys was sure to look things over once more to be sure they were. Being the good patient he'd been so far Lorcan remained still while he did so.

As for the extras, Lorcan wanted to take them with him. Emrys of course thought it best he did so, “It was my pleasure to help you,” he reassured, “and remember if you have to apply later chew two of the leaves until they are like a paste.” The Healer wanted to make that clear so that one he would get the effect he wanted and two for his healer training. Emrys nodded as his patient stated he needs to be going he did need to be going as well. “Take it easy and get better so be sure to remember that should I ever need anything.” It would be good to have a friend in the lowlands not to mention knowing another healer the white healer watched as his patient went on his way returning the chuff offered Emrys returned to his journey.

(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2016, 02:20 AM by Emrys.)