(See All?) Announcements
604 Users Online
Bing, Google, Sage

what to do to make it all feel better — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

She went on to explain about Sven and as she said it out loud she felt more and more like she might have made a mistake. She didn't want to believe that. She wanted to believe that she had been able judge what was happening between them correctly. Still she didn't understand what had happened, any of it and Sven hadn't seem to really try to make it any better. One small look before she’d gone after Kerb that she didn't even know how to interpret. She looked back at her friend as he told her he didn't know, “I don't want to give up on him,” she stated, “I think I need to talk to him, give him a second chance, the chance to explain himself. I told him I would be there to listen and I can't go back on that.” She wouldn't break a promise even if Sven had hurt her and maybe he could make it better. It just didn't help her in that moment.

She sighed when the words came from his mouth, he seemed dead set that what he was feeling was dumb. “Why do you think your feelings are dumb?” He didn't have to share what he was feeling unless he wanted to, “Please Kerb, help me understand.” The next words that slipped from his mouth were ones he didn't need to speak she knew because he'd always been and hadn't let her down yet. “I do know and I hope you know I'm always here for you no matter what,” she assured him whether he needed her to or not. Leotie despite her current feelings about Sven she hoped that she could count on him like she did Kerb.

<center>~Table by Switch</center>
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2017, 05:25 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
She said she didn't want to give up on Sven and he was quick to chime in. "Then don't." He whispered softly. Kerb knew that Leotie was strong and could do what she wanted to but he felt the need to reassure her. "You'll figure it out, I promise." They would. This all had to be one big emotional misunderstanding. At least he hoped it was.

"I'm not sure." He paused for a moment. "I just feel it, you know." That was an awful excuse but he didn't know how else to explain it. It was just this kind of gut feeling he had. Or was it a feeling in his brain? Heart maybe? Kerberos couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from but it was somewhere inside of him.

He lifted a paw to drape over the tawny female's shoulders. Kerberos felt better in her presence even if he did feel emotional. It had taken its toll on him. He felt more exhausted than he had in a while from his sudden breakdown. "I know that and I can't thank you enough, Leotie." He took in a slow deep breath as her scent filled his nose. She was all he had right now. Maera wasn't here right now and he much preferred that she wasn't. He never wanted her to see him like this.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

It was just two simple words that he had whispered to her after she explained how she felt about Sven. For the first time since things had gone wrong thing day she smiled, it was a small smile but none the less, “I won't until he gives me a good reason,” she assured him. Yes, Sven had hurt her but she needed to give him the chance to make it better. Leotie gave him another quick nudge to the cheek, “I figured out how to live this life so I trust you are right.” If she could learn to survive in the Lore on her own why couldn't she figure out what was going on between her and Sven.

She thought about his words before nodding against the fur of his neck, “I suppose I can understand that.” She was sure she'd had moments like what Kerb was having now but, “Maybe talking about what you're feeling would help?” She suggested, “I can't help you if you won't let me.” She felt it unfair that he had been helping her and she had been doing all of the sharing. It needed to be his turn so that he could feel better too.

She buried her face in his fur as she felt his paw come over her shoulders a content sigh leaving her. She had never been closer to any one than she was with Kerb, he always knew how to make her feel better. Whether it was because she was sad or hurt, he always knew, she hoped that never changed. She unburied her face when he thanked her, “You don't have to thank me Kerb, it's what friends do.” He deserved every bit of her friendship she had to give because he hadn't ever done anything to not. He also deserved something else, she took a deep breath, “There's something I need to tell you,” she said deciding it was time.

(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2017, 08:49 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He couldn't bring himself to smile but he was sure he wanted to. Leotie always managed to figure things out. Even when she had managed to injure her paw she still figured out how she could work. He admired her for that reason and more. Maybe she was everything he wasn't and that's why they clicked together so well. He'd never know the true reason but he wasn't going to question it anymore.

"I'm not sure what I'm feeling." He admitted softly. There weren't really words to describe what he had felt back there or here. Obviously, he felt calmer now that Leotie was comforting him. That didn't mean he had words to tell her what exactly his brain and heart were feeling. Kerberos had always been so good with words and he had always worn his heart on his sleeve but sometimes it was hard to combine the two. His brain and his heart seemed to clash more often than not.

He felt her unbury her face from his fur and he couldn't help but frown again. "Friends also let each other know how much they appreciate them." He tried his best to steal a glance at her. Suddenly something changed, though. Her next sentence had him sitting up some to look at her better. "You can tell me anything." He assured her as his gaze grew soft while he waited for her words.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

There had been times before she had joined the bend when she had thought she wasn't going to make it but she had. She had figured out enough to get help from others and even after she had joined the bend she had learned to live in the pack. So when he said she could figure it out she was reminded of her first months in the lore and felt more confident. She would hear Sven out not because she owed it to him but because she didn't want to give up on their friendship yet.

“Well then when you have if you want to talk about it I will be here to listen.” It was all she could do to help for now since he hadn't exactly figured it out. She hoped that when he was ready he would come to talk to her about it so she could help him. He had helped her so much and she felt it was her turn to help him no matter what it was. She would always be there with a non judgemental ear and an open heart because she cared about him. It was in her opinion the best thing she could do for him so when he was ready but she wouldn't push him any further.

He did have a point about friends letting each other know how much they appreciate each other. “You show me all the time how much you appreciate me and I hope I do the same for you? If not I appreciate you more than you could possibly know.” She did hope her actions were further proof to show that her words were genuine. Leotie had decided that it was time for kerb to know her secret. She had been considering it for awhile but she couldn't keep it from him any longer. His response was what she had been hoping. “I didn't always live in the lore,” she started, “Before coming to the lore I lived with humans.”

(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2017, 09:35 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

"I know." He whispered softly to her. She had always been there even when no one else had. He loved her in a way he couldn't describe. Of course, the tawny male was mated to his dark love but his heart still loved others. He couldn't stop it even if he wanted to, which he very much so didn't.

He buried his nose into her scruff for a moment. She did more than she could ever now. "Of course you do. It's impossible not to know. Thank you, Leotie." His voice soft as he pulled back from her again to listen to her next sentence. Her words confused him and it was surely evident by his furrowed brows and a slight frown. Well, he hadn't always lived in the lore either but he didn't live with whatever the hell a human was. He tried to think of other animals that started with H; hare, hawk, hog, horned owl? Was this human anything like those creatures? "Uh, don't think I've ever heard of a hooman." He tested the name out and decided it sounded rather strange coming from him. "What is it?" He finally asked as his ears leaned forward with slight concern.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

She was glad that he knew she would always be there to listen. Anything for him because she was convinced that whatever she asked he would do for her too. She hated seeing him in the state that he was and has hoped talking would help but he didn't want to talk about himself. She couldn't force him and that was that.

She purred at his words reassuring her that he knew she appreciated him. It was something she never wanted to hide from him. He was her friend and she goes nothing would change that, “You're welcome Kerb,” she said with a smile his words being as kind as they were. Of course he didn't know how he would feel about her once she'd decided to share what she had with Sven with him. This time though she didn't hesitate and she wasn't nervous believing he would care about her no matter what. She told him where she has lived before the lore and she had to smile as he fired to say the word human. The important thing was he took it well. “They are these kind of animals that walk on two legs and live in families in big dens,” she explained before pausing to let him process that.

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2017, 03:33 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

It walked on two legs? What the hell. He had seen things stand up on two hind legs but never really walk. "Are its front legs broken or something?" He asked with a soft hint of disgust. Why would something ever walk around like that? How did it walk around like that? While Kerb was a rather open-minded individual he was not liking the idea of these Human things.

The whole den thing didn't seem very shocking, though. Most animals he knew slept in dens. Some animals needed large dens like bears. Were the Humans like bears? He wasn't sure if he really wanted to ask that question. The tawny Rigel was already uncomfortable with the idea of them and bears scared him so did he seriously want to think that Leotie used to live with bear-like creatures? No, not at all. A shiver ran down his spine out of some kind of fear. Perhaps he'd be best to stop thinking about all of these things and just let his tawny friend do the explaining. It was hard not to though with so many possibilities. Why hadn't his parents or elders told him about these two leg walkers? "What kind of colors is their fur? What do they smell like?"

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Again she found herself describing what humans were to a friend, she didn't mind though. Leotie was just glad Kerb hadn't run away from her disgusted. She liked when there was a curiosity about where she had come from so when Kerb had more questions she was more than willing to supply the answers. Leotie lay her head back against his neck as she went on to explain. “No, at least they don't seem to be. I mean they pick things up with their paws which look a little different than ours,” she said holding out one of her legs to look at her paw. “Like instead of picking up a rabbit or something with their mouth they use their paws.” Looking at her paw as she held it out in front of her and Kerb she tried to think how they might be able to do it.

She had told him about the den but left out the bit on the types of bedding they had inside their dens, it was nothing like what she'd grown accustomed to. The bedding they used in their dens in the lore are nice especially if there was soft undercoat fur or rabbit fur involved but the beds in the human den didn't need the fur to make it softer. She’d put her leg back down before Kerb asked about their fur and smell. “They always smell like something to eat but you can't eat them and they don't have fur. I mean they have some hair on their heads and a little tiny bit on their skin but no fur.” She then thought about how to describe the colors for her friend. “Their skin comes in different colors though like browns and whites and some other colors in not sure how to describe.”

(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2017, 09:53 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He truly wanted to throw up at her description of those abominations of a creature. They sounded so hideous and strange. His ears leaned back as Leotie described that they picked up rabbits with their paws and not their mouths. Sounded so filthy. He understood the concept of holding something down with a paw while eating but he could not imagine just carrying a meal around with his paws. A shiver rattled down his spine as the frown on his face refused to fade.

Kerberos truly felt like he was going to hurl. "So they're like giant bald bear things?" Just the thought of a bear being 1.) Mostly bald except for on their head and 2.) Walking around on two legs made the dark tawny Rigel very uncomfortable. He felt like it was some horrible incident where he couldn't look away, though. His gut was telling him to quickly dismiss himself and pretend he hadn't heard any of this but his brain was far too interested in learning more. "I mean, like, how do you know you couldn't eat them? Did you ever try to or did someone tell you?" He felt a little morbid asking such a thing yet he wondered why something would smell like food if you couldn't eat it.

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 09:39 PM by Kerberos.)