574 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley, Vanadis

i knew you were trouble — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Souting Dem 5/3

The realization of the dark man's true nature also made her mind up that when meeting others she needed to be cautious. She had started to doubt her own capabilities in judging the character of a person. Askan had portrayed himself as a kind man but then shown himself as callous. Even after finding out her mother had died he still acted as though she was in the wrong. It was the same with Reyes no kind of understanding, she hoped Jessie ripped them to shreds during their punishment.

“I know, you're right I shouldn't but it's a lesson learned and one I won't forget.” She was determined as he stepped forward to nuzzle her cheek. Inna leaned into his touch, more and more she was so thankful that he had come back to her when he had. She wasn't sure she could get through everything without him. He spoke of Craw, she hadn't thought of him in awhile. “I don't think they were wrong being unhappy, Lachesis wasn't too pleased about them either.” Again she was reminded of the conversation and what the pale leader had shared with her. “I don't understand why they would settle so close to another pack, surely they would know the problems it would cause. Does he live for causing trouble or something? I mean had he and Reyes kept their mouths shut things would have gone better.” Now she and Lorcan would haven't suffer for a situation that could have been avoided.

“I think he was right and I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me.” Her sides heaved a sigh as he spoke of what Craw would tell her. “I think he would. I remember being a little worried about Craw when I first met him but I think Lachesis was right.” Askan showing up at the border concerned for his “family”. Inna had to wonder if any of it was even true, she doubted it and he was just trying to cause even more trouble in the Lowlands.

Inna wasn't ready to just out them where Oksana was concerned. In her opinion it wasn't really anyone's business but hers who the father of her child was. It would be different if her father was causing problems for the pack but Lorcan was not, he was a very helpful and trusted member of Hearthwood. She felt that he had proven himself loyal to the pack. Lachesis was also important to her and she didn't want to lose the relationship she had with him if she lied. She also didn't want to lose Lorcan so she had informed him that she would have to tell if asked.

Inna knew the tawny healer didn't like the idea, they feared the same thing. That they would be chased out or punished but she hoped that they had nothing to worry about. She did worry that Lachesis might question Lorcans loyalty and consider him only loyal because if Oksana. More than anything she hoped the pale leader just wouldn't ask and she wouldn't have to tell. She looked at Lorcan as he spoke. “If he chases you out then he will lose me too. I will leave Hearthwood for you and Oksana I need you in my life Lorcan and she needs you too. I want us to be a family.” She didn't believe Lachesis would chase Lorcan out Hearthwood needed him too and Lachesis wasn't blind to that fact.

The Raven also knew she had to report what had happened at the rye border to Lachesis as soon as she could after returning. There was too much chance he could find out from another source and she needed to be truthful to the man who was like her father. “It's a risk I have to take Lorcan. I have to trust that he will be understanding and if he's not I will have to take whatever punishment I receive.” She was not completely oblivious to what could happen, what Lachesis could do or how angry he will be. She'd made a mistake and she would have to accept her consequences.

Her gaze followed his, as they both came to the realization of how pointless it had become to continue to sit there watching the border. She hated that she had to give up on her sister but they had to worry about their own daughter and the pack. They didn't have the luxury of just up and disappearing for however long they wanted, if she did Inna might have already done so. “I think we need to trust Jessie too. This was supposed to be a quick trip and it hasn't been. If fear what Lachesis will do as well.” She wondered if he would he mad that she wouldn't be returning with Risa either.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Aug 19, 2017, 03:59 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan was surprised to hear that his current leader, Lachesis, had also not been fond of the rye wolves when they had first settled in the northern lowlands. A single white brow rose for a moment with intrigue before it fell back down to resume the frown that had claimed his features for the majority of their conversation. The agouti male shrugged his shoulders gently, a wry grin pulling at one corner of his charcoal lips in response to Inna’s comment about Askan. “Definitely.” He added in agreement.

The healer’s head tilted to one side curiously as Inna then mentioned Lachesis talking to her about Craw. “What did Lachesis say?” Lorcan was aware that Whitestone and Hearthwood had formed an allegiance under the scarred male’s reign, but he was interested to know more about his current leader thought of the male he had previously been sworn to.

Lorcan felt guilty about the idea of Inna and Oksana leaving Hearthwood on account of him. The wild was no place for a pup, especially not his own daughter. He wouldn’t allow it. He was sure that if it came down to it and he had to leave the river wolves, he would make sure to convince his daughter and her mother to stay put, to remain where the pack could protect and provide for them. To let them risk their lives out in the wild just so they could stay together, that would be selfish. “Let us hope it doesn’t come to that then.” He murmured, flashing Inna a serious look.

As Inna agreed that they should head back to Kingfall as they were getting nowhere hanging around the lowlands, Lorcan released a defeated sigh. With a frustrated swat of his tail through the air, the agouti moved to brush up against the dark female as he moved past her to fact the direction of their home. “We better get going then…” He said solemnly, giving a final glance across his shoulder towards the fields of golden rye. 
(This post was last modified: Aug 27, 2017, 02:39 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It was a hard lesson to learn in life, that not everyone showed you who they were right away. She would be cautious from now on, she supposed she could be thankful to Askan for teaching her this lesson. She would not trust anything the man spoke again. Craw was gone now but Inna believed that everything that had spewed from the dark man's mouth was a lie. The threat had not been real and the only reason he had come was to try and turn Hearthwood against the Whitestone wolves.

It was only natural for Lorcan to be curious about what Lachesis had said about his former leader so when he asked Inna told him. “Lachesis reassured me that there wasn't anything to fear from Craw and that he believed an alliance with Whitestone was a good decision.” It wasn't everything that had been said between her and Lachesis that day but it was the jist of the conversation.

All Inna had wanted since she'd become pregnant with Oksana was for her child to have her father in her life. The Raven wasn't willing to let their family fall apart because the truth got out. She knew that if Lorcan was chased out she would not be able to stay in Hearthwood. She would not be able to stay with wolves that could not understand and would rip a father from his child. She would follow Lorcan if it came to it because she couldn't stand the thought of not having him in her and Oksana's life. Inna nodded in agreement, “Let's hope it doesn't,” she agreed.

Finally they had come to the decision there was nothing left for them to do where Risa was concerned. It was time they went home and hoped that she would return soon. Inna chose not to have high hopes for it and accept the fact that she had probably lost another sibling. It pained her to have to feel that way but it was better than it being a surprise like all the rest. If she accepted it now she could start to heal from it. She would always love Risa just like she did the rest of her siblings but she could not let them continue to hurt her and tear her down. Inna nodded, “We should,” she agreed within last look at the rye borders.

Fade

~Table by Jacqueline
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.