(See All?) Announcements
659 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing

cure for the itch — Zephyr Rill 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The healer remained as still as he could manage, despite his shivering from the cold, as Inna leant in closer to apply the cedar mush to the itchy patch behind his right ear. The dark fur along his back prickled as the female rubbed in the paste with her paw, feeling the warm tingling sensation of the cedar oil against his irritated skin.

The urge to lift his rear leg to scratch at it intensified, to the point where the bridge of his muzzle wrinkled and his mouth watered from frustration. Lorcan knew he could not scratch at it though. The treatment would prove useless if he were to itch the paste away so soon after it had been applied.

Stiffening his jaw and tensing the lean muscles in his limbs, the male forced himself to remain still even as his skin prickled. Casting his golden gaze back to Inna, his left ear – the one not covered in cedar wood paste – perked up at her question. The male shook his head slowly in response. “I don’t think I itch anywhere else..” He answered, before shifting up to stand and turn his head around to inspect the fur further down his body. “No, but it will get most of them.” At least not yet.

“If you see any more, smother some paste on them too.” He added quietly, desperately hoping that she would not find too many more of the little blood-sucking parasites. Standing still and silent, Lorcan allowed Inna the opportunity to inspect him all over, his tail now swaying more contentedly behind him. “Thank you…” He sighed, casting his previous anger to one side, as he glanced across to offer Inna a sheepish smile.  
Teacher (Healer skills) demonstration 6/3
(This post was last modified: Aug 13, 2017, 06:15 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Healer (learning) Dem 6/3

Moving in to apply the paste to the spot behind his ear Inna was careful to not lose any. Not only did she want the fleas gone for Oksana but Lorcan too. He couldn't be comfortable having a constant itch behind his ear. She was glad to have the paste out of her mouth after putting it on him. She would have to get a drink from the stream to wash the taste away but not before he was taken care of. Using her paw she spread it around careful to get worked into his coat thoroughly. So that it wouldn't come off and he would have to have another treatment, at least he wouldn't end up in the stream if he did need another.

The Raven had taken her time to make sure the area was well treated before she finally felt satisfied that it would do. She hoped it would give him some relief from the itching and that it would take care of the rest of the fleas. The last thing she wanted was for herself or Oksana to get them, especially her daughter. The pup was too small to have to deal with the parasite’s and she worried that they would do to her if she did get them.

He suggested that she check him over so while he was in his side she went about checking the side that was exposed to her. All the while asking about any more itchy spots but most importantly she asked the question that had been on her mind. “What about the ones it doesn't get if I can't find them?” She asked this question more for Oksana then herself. The good news she thought was that he didn't itch anymore. Searching through his fur she found a couple more that she was able to get some paste from her paw on before they could escape. “Hopefully we can keep you from getting anymore itchy spots, I don't want you anymore miserable then you already are. I really am sorry for pushing you in the stream Lorcan.” She hoped he would accept her apology.

She'd given him room to shift his position so that she could check his other side which she did carefully. “I have only seen a couple others. I was able to get the paste on them so hopefully that will take care of them. Do you think Oksana will be okay? That she won't get them?” Inna asked worry clear in her tone. The Raven looked down at her paws and smiled as he thanked her, “You’re welcome,” she told him as she met his gaze before placing a kiss on his lips.

~Table by Jacqueline
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan’s body twitched subconsciously, responding to the tickle of Inna’s warm breath on his skin, as she proceeded to check through his fur for any sign of additional fleas hidden away in his thick coat. His left ear perked up at her question before a frown pinched at his pale brows as he considered his answer for a moment. “If there are loads more then I might need another treatment in a few days, but if there’s only a few I should be able to get rid of them with extra grooming.” He explained, meeting her warm orange gaze.

The healer grunted in mild amusement as Inna commented on how miserable he appeared. In truth he wasn’t miserable, he just felt annoyed and disappointed – annoyed that she had pushed him in the stream and disappointed that his flea infestation had ruined their time alone together. Golden eyes blinked in acknowledgement of her apology and his tail flicked once behind him to signal his appreciation, though he remained silent, not willing to completely forgive her until she had made it back to him by treating him with the cedar oil.

Golden eyes glanced back towards the dark female as she inspect his coat for more fleas further down his body, curious to see if she would find anything. His head nodded slowly and his tail swayed with satisfaction behind him as Inna explained that she had managed to apply the cedar paste to the couple of other critters she had spotted. “I’ll be careful around her, don’t worry.” Lorcan assured her, catching her gaze.

Satisfied that the raven had done a good job of treating him, Lorcan finally gave in and thanked her. Although the feeling of the paste drying into a thick crust on his skin was irritating, it did not itch nearly as much as the fleas had. Golden eyes caught the shy smile that traced her lips just before she spoke up and placed a kiss on him. Feeling much better now that his parasite problem had been dealt with and Inna had apologised, Lorcan didn’t feel the need to drag out her guilt any longer. “And apology accepted..” He sighed again with a dismissive smile, before returning a kiss to her cheek.

Giving his pelt a gentle shake – being careful not to remove the cedar paste Inna had just applied – Lorcan stepped forwards to give the dark female an affectionate nuzzle before trotting over to face the direction of the pack territory. “Come on, I think it’s time we head back and get warm.” He suggested, a mischievous glint in his golden eyes, as he gestured with a tilt of his muzzle for her to follow him home.

~fade~
Teacher (Healer skills) demonstration 7/3
(This post was last modified: Aug 13, 2017, 06:15 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together