(See All?) Announcements
501 Users Online
Bing, Google

Thicker Than Water — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna’s eyes narrowed at the man who seemed to think he had the right to speak to her as he was. She didn't know him, just because he was a part of Hearthwood didn't mean much to her. He was ranked lower than her and she wanted to know what his interest in her daughter was. He sure enough told her, she shouldn't have expected anything less from him. “And have you been successful?” she said snapped back. The Raven expected that of her daughter wanted to leave this man wasn't going to stop her. Oksana was stubborn, probably more so than her parents and when she had a goal in mind she will would accomplish it.

Of course it didn't stop there, like most he went on and yes In a did feel badly for leaving Oksana, for not coming back when she said and most of all she felt bad she hadn't been there. She knew she couldn't get that time back hurts she could do her best to be the best damn mom her pup could ask for. “No, I didn't and maybe you're right I should have or maybe I would have gotten here too late and she would have already left.” Hearing that Oksana thought something had happened to her she could only imagine the things going through her daughter's mind. She was sure it had to do with Kisla though. “I'm glad you didn't take her and that you brought her home.” It saved her the trouble of having to hint him down and killing him for taking her daughter.

He went on to tell her where he had found Oksana and pointed out that he had gotten hurt. Inna’s voice softened as she spoke this time, “I hope that you didn't get hurt too badly. Is Oksana okay?” She was worried that her daughter may have gotten injured too. Now she wanted to find her daughter even more to make sure she was okay. He kept yet there still giving her a lecture about Oksana.

She thanked him for looking after the little Crow even going so far as to admit that she hadn't been a good mother. As he went on telling her what she should have done Inna became more annoyed. “They don't want to look after her Reid, she's a burden to them,” she said trying to keep her voice low hoping Oksana wasn't around to hear her. “She is one more puppy then they wanted for the pack. It's my fault you don't have to tell me and I am sorry I had hoped better for her.” Hearing him ask about Lorcan wanting to know where he was. The fact that Reid hadn't seen him only told the Raven one thing. “Her father was supposed to be looking out for her at least I had thought he was but it seems he's left us again.”

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Hex who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
His eyes narrowed as she snapped back her voice sharp. She wanted to know if he had been successful and in truth, he almost wished he had tried to take Sana from her. Take her away from a pack that would let her wander off and not know for days where she had been. Away from a mother who had left her to 'heal'. Even if I had tried I wouldn't have been successful. He growled back. The only way he might have a chance of taking Sana from the pack was to lie to her and that wasn't something the red man had wanted to do to her either. It would just bite him later on. She loves you too much. He whispered the words in quiet frustration. His little friend loved her mother that was easy to see especially when she talked about Inna but he had tried to keep her thoughts off her absent mother and had attempted to keep her entertained and occupied with other things.

It was all so frustrating. He felt like he couldn't do anything to wolf in front of him simply because she was loved by Sana and it would end up hurting him instead. She agreed that she should have returned but then again maybe it would have been too late. Did she want to come back here and find her daughter gone? If Sana was gone you would have gone out in search of her. Unless she means so little to you? He questioned wondering if she truly didn't care for her daughter. Then she went on to thank him in an off-handed way for bringing Sana back home and he could feel his frustration rising. It was hard to yell at someone when they kept thanking you for doing stuff even when you knew that you shouldn't have had to do it at all. I couldn't exactly leave her there. He commented tensely.

When she heard that he had gotten hurt her voice softened and as she told him that she hoped he hadn't gotten hurt too badly before asking about Sana. Reid let out a resigned sigh. He wanted to be cruel and lie and say that her daughter had gotten hurt and badly at that but once again it would simply come back to bite him. I'm okay and Sana is perfectly fine. I didn't let anything happen to her. That should at least give her some comfort even if he didn't want to give it to her.

A low rumbling growl rolled up his chest as he turned away to begin to pace his lips wrinkled up almost showing fangs. Sana a burden? Never. If it was true then the wolves of this pack really had a few screws loose after all. Then there was the fact that her father had apparently vanished as well and this wasn't the first time either. Lovely just bloody lovely. Sana really had a messed up family didn't she and there wasn't a single blooming thing she could about it either. Reid made a mental note that he would need to keep an eye out for Sana's father because he was another wolf that Reid already disliked without even meeting him.

She is not a bloody burden at least not to me. If they think that then they need to get there heads straightened out. Or perhaps they needed them twisted. Hard. To the side. If you decide to go off on another trip to who knows where let me know I'll make sure that nothing happens to Sana regardless of what this pack thinks or what her father does. His told her voice low with determination. He was not going to simply stand by and watch something happen to his young friend. Reid stared at Inna silently demanding that she agree.
[Image: upside_down_reid_by_silversnake54-dbvgofa.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna knew her daughter even if she had been absent in her life. She knew that Reid wouldn't have been successful because Oksana did what she wanted to do. Even when she was smaller the little Crow had a mind of her own and Inna had allowed her to express herself freely while she was small. However, the Raven knew she would have to start teaching her child that there are rules she needs to follow. “You will find out soon enough that you can't make my daughter do what she doesn't want to do soon enough if you haven't already.” Oksana's stubbornness and temper exceeded Inna’s, the mother believed that her daughter was going to be even more of a hand full than she already was as she grew older. “And I love her. It's been just me and her for most of her life and before everything happened I was there every single day. I was the mother she needed and deserved but then…

Inna had trailed off, she knew that letting everything get to her had been a bad choice. She should have found some way to get past it. She'd gotten lost in her thoughts for a moment but was brought back to reality when he spoke again. This time a low growl sounded in her throat. “How dare you question how much I care about my daughter? I would have searched to the ends of the earth to find her if I had to. It's because of Sana I left in the first place because being here in Hearthwood my grief was overwhelming and I couldn't get past it to be there for her. It was either leave or continue to be the absent mother I have been since my mother died.” She nearly spat the words at him. This wolf making judgements about her life when he knew nothing about what had happened to her or Oksana.

The Raven took a deep breath to calm herself after that outburst as he spoke of not being able to leave Sana. “I'm glad that you couldn't but I am sure there are plenty of wolves out there that would have,” she said her tone becoming calmer.

She had grown concerned when he spoke of being hurt and expressed her hope that he was okay and worry that her daughter had gotten hurt too. She breathed a sigh of relief when he affirmed that Oksana was okay and hadn't been hurt. “I'm glad to know she had a guardian looking after her when I couldn't.” Inna was glad that her daughter had going someone that at this point Inna believed wouldn't leave her but Inna had believed Lorcan would never leave too.

After she had admitted to Reid what had been said to her about Oksana before she was born the red man expressed the same feelings she'd had. The ones that had brought her to the conclusion that he needed to be the one to make up for what resources feeding her daughter would take. Whether it was true now or not Inna still felt that it should never have been said, it was not Oksana's fault that she was being born.

“No she isn't but because she was born through a breaking of pack law and there were two other litters they felt she was one more than they could handle. I did what I could to make up for what I had done and to try and ensure she wouldn't be treated as such,” she explained though Inna wasn't sure if she had been successful in her tries to make things better. He had a request for her, Inna nodded, “I don't plan on leaving her again unless it's pack business but I will tell you. At least then I know I will be leaving her in the paws of someone who truly cares for her. I doubt her father will be returning. He’s already left once and I doubt he will be allowed back in unless he had a very good reason why he was gone.”

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
She seemed to think that he had tried to force her daughter away from her. The dark woman was wrong. He wasn't going to force Miss Sana to do anything unless it kept her safe and away from danger. His eyes narrowed. I'm not into forcing others to do things especially Sana. He didn't like forcing others but he sure wouldn't feel bad lying to them or having someone else do the forcing while he sat on the sidelines. It would keep attention off him. But to try and do that with Sana? Even thinking about doing something like that made his mouth go dry. The dark women contiued talking saying that it had only been them and that she was a good mother until...and she seemed to space out. Until what? What could possibly take her away from her daughter?

His words seemed to snap her out of what held her and she growled at him. How dare he? How dare she leave Sana! His own lips curled up as she ranted that she would go to ends of the earth to find her daughter and how she couldn't be the mother she needed to be because she had lost her own. How...How...pathetic. She couldn't be there for her daughter because of a death? So you put your needs before your daughters. She had runaway to deal with her emotions like a spoiled teenager instead of sucking it up and moving forward for Sana's sake. The cherry on top was that she hadn't even made sure that her daughter was in someone's care she had just up and left.

She took a breath and Reid waited to see if she was trying to calm herself or getting her thoughts in order to yell at him some more. It was to calm herself and the red male found himself irritated by it as she explained she was glad her daughter had found a guardian. How could she calm herself after the crap she had pulled with Sana? He wanted to yell more. He wanted to hurt her. However she already knew that she had done wrong even though she still felt she had been right in her own way. Reid couldn't make her see how much damage she could have done and what danger Sana could have been put in even though she was letting out a sigh of relief that her daughter was safe. He felt like she simply didn't get it and that ticked him off more than it should but beyond yelling more he couldn't actually do anything unless he tried to get someone with a little more pull to do it for him. So he bit his tongue to keep his remarks to himself.

Reid blinked in surprise she had broken pack law? Why was she still here then? Most leaders wouldn't tolerate someone who went behind their backs. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing for this pack. If there where two other litters on the way it would explain why she hadn't been forced out. They would have needed all the hunters that they could get. Why weren't you kicked out? He asked rather bluntly wanting to know if his guess was right or there was some other reason he hadn't thought of.

When it came to his request she nodded her head in agreement. Good, that meant he wouldn't have to watch her all the time. He did doubt that she wouldn't be leaving. Something would take her away, another personal matter or as she had said pack business. There would always be something. Sana is the most important person to me right now. He agreed. His family was important to him as well but they weren't anywhere in the area for him to help or contact. If Sana's father returns and I'm not around give him hell. A vicious smile crossed his face. He might be able to hurt the other male with his words but if the dark lady had cared about him enough to have Sana then she probably had more ammunition to use than the red man did.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna could not help but huff at the man as he spoke about not forcing others especially her daughter. “Well I'm glad to know that.” It wasn't what she meant but at least she knew now that he wouldn't be trying to get her daughter to do anything she didn't want to do. If the Raven was honest she was glad that her daughter was the way she was. Her little girl wouldn't be one to be pushed around and that in itself was a comfort to the mother. Her daughter would one day be able to take care of herself when Inna couldn't.

Inna had finally told him about her mother, by accident or not it didn't matter. She didn't say anything for a long time because he was tight she had but she had also fallen so fast. Inna didn't know if the depression she'd fallen into could have been prevented or stopped or changed. Either way she did know one thing. “I know Oksana should have come first. She needed me and I wasn't there and that is my fault entirely. I don't need you to tell me how wrong I was. Believe me I know and I know I can't get that time back nor can I ever make up for it but I can make things better. I can let her know that I am sorry and want to be there for her like I was and let her make the decision to forgive me for it or not.”

Oksana had been on her mind a lot while she was away, the things she could do differently and how to make her daughter see how much she did care about her. A decision had been made on that tundra that while she might believe that Oksana would leave her in time she would do everything to let that little girl know that her mother would always be there for her. Inna was able to calm herself after that outburst and ended up telling him that she had broken pack law when she had Oksana. Perhaps it was for the best, if he was going to care about her daughter the way he seemed to then he should know the circumstances of her birth.

The question he asked she supposed was to be expected but it was one she wasn't sure she could completely understand. “My mother was alpha alongside Lachesis. He stepped up while my father was sick and remained after his death. They cared about me too much and I suppose my loyalty to the pack played a part but they chose not to. I am not sure if that is really the reason but it's the only one I can come up with.” She had thought about it a lot after Kisla and Lachesis had found out but she'd never questioned it and now she would never get the chance to ask her mother. Lachesis had always said she had a home in Hearthwood and she took him at his word for herself and for her daughter.

After the argument and discussion with Reid it was very clear the the Raven that the red man cared a lot about her daughter. She didn't completely understand it but as irritating as he was being she was glad Oksana had him in her life. So when he requested that she tell him if she left again so he could look after the little Crow she agreed. “She is to me too,” Inna assured in a tone that wasn't to be questioned. A smile did grace her dark maw at his next words. “You don't have to worry Reid. If her father had left her for a second time I will let him know. He broke his promise to me and Oksana but you do have to understand that I have worked hard to keep him in her life and I still want her to know her father.” She didn't disagree that Lorcan needed to know the wrongs he'd done to Oksana, his own daughter, and how much he has hurt her especially if he left her for a second time.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
At the very least she seemed pleased that he wasn't going to be forcing her daughter to do anything she didn't want to do. Which brought a question to his mind. Had Sana been forced to do something that she didn't want to do before? Or maybe Inna had been the one who had been forced. Reid couldn't change the past and no amount of wishing wouldn't make it happen either. He almost wanted to ask her to confirm or deny his suspicions but that was for another time when he wasn't so mad at her and when they had both had a chance to calm down.

He listened as she acknowledged that Sana should have come first and that it had been her fault but she didn't need him to tell her that. She went on to add that she could try and make it better and let Sana decide if she wanted to forgive her mother or not. The red man absolutely agreed that it was Sana's call on the last part. Sure you can try and make it better but she's probably always going to wonder when you're going to leave next. Leave too many times and soon it won't matter how much you want to make it better she's not going to fully trust you. But you're right it is up to her and not anyone else. He just hoped that his young friend wouldn't get hurt again.

Inna went on to tell him that her mother had led alongside Lachesis while her father had stepped down due to illness.I guess that makes sense. He muttered his brows furrowing as he thought about it. It made a little sense. You didn't exactly want to kick out the daughter of one of the leaders will nilly. It could cause some bad blood between them. So his guess hadn't been right and it had been a loyalty to her parents that had kept her in the pack. How had the rest of wolves taken it? Probably a little miffed but otherwise okay if she was still standing here and being part of the pack.

They were both in agreement when they said that Sana was important to them. Good, then they could put all their energy into making sure that she was happy and that she didn't get hurt. Either emotionally or physically. God help anyone that tried to touch a hair on her because even though he wasn't always willing to spill blood he would gladly rip that particular wolf's throat out.

She gave him a smile when he told her to give Sana's father hell. Inna added that she wanted to try and make their family work if she could. That doesn't mean that you can't rip him a new one. He needs to put in some effort if he wants to be part of Sana's life and not just keep disappearing on her. So he needs to be prepared and face the consequences of him vanishing on her. Like you did he almost added but held his tongue.

It felt like they had reached an understanding of sorts and now all Reid wanted was a nap. He was mentally exhausted from dealing with this woman and she probably still wanted to go see her daughter before it got too much later. I suppose I should go so you can see Miss Sana now. He commented dryly as he took a step away. She'll be happy to see you again. Even though he wished she wouldn't be.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Fading and archiving

Sometimes Inna wondered what she would do with her daughter, she was headstrong and more stubborn than her and Lorcan put together. She daughter had spirit and she hoped that it would never be broken. She felt sad for her pup, she'd been through so much in her life already and she hoped that Oksana could move on from.it and not let it bring her down. She wanted more than anything for the little Crow to have a happier life than she herself had.

In a wasn't blind to what she'd done to her daughter and knew that some of Sana’s sadness was due to it. She hoped that now she was back she could change all of that but she knew that it was up to Oksana. Only the pup could determine if she was willing to accept her mother back in her life. Reid's words struck a chord with the Raven. “I know and I wouldn't blame her either if she hated me for leaving too many times. I have had wolves leave me multiple times and.it has changed me.” She understood maybe better than anyone what it was like to have someone you loved leave so many times.

She explained the circumstances that had occurred after Lachesis and her mother found out about her pregnancy. She also explained her thoughts since she'd never asked why she was still in the pack despite breaking pack law. She liked to believe it was because both her mother and Lachesis loved her and didn't want anything to happen to her. That was why she had left it at that, she didn't want to know anything different. She nodded, it did make sense.

She was glad they were on the same page as far as Oksana was concerned. They both wanted what was best. She did not know this man nor his relationship with her daughter but she did mean to find out. There were more pressing issue:s when she finally got to see the little Crow.

As for Lorcan she did want Oksana to have her father in her life but he had broken a promise and that was not something the Raven took lightly. “Don't worry he will know the mistake he made by breaking his promise. He's hurt Oksana whether she knows it yet or not and he will have to answer for that. I don't disagree, I forgive him the first time but this time he does need to put in some effort and show me that he wants to be in her life. Until then I don't know that I can let him see her, not until I know he won't hurt her again.” Lorcan knew how she felt and yet he left again, there would be consequences but he would have to return to face them.

She had tried to help this man who seemed to care so much for her daughter to understand a few things. She had traveled a long time and wanted to rest but she couldn't rest yet. She nodded, “Perhaps we can talk more after I have spoken with her. I am eager to see her.” She had been the whole time but she felt she wouldn't have gotten away from this man had she not spoken with him. “I do hope you are right.” That said she turned and continued her journey into the heart of her home in search of her daughter.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2018, 02:48 PM by Inna.)