(See All?) Announcements
523 Users Online
Bing, Google

It feels like freedom — Pasos al Cielo 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
[dohtml]<p>Like anything in life that a wolf did besides maybe marking borders it took patience and practice to master something. Being able to hunt in all terrains and weather was a skill that needed to be mastered or the wolf would starve. If anything hunger would drive a wolf to do well and put in the required practice. From the expression held by the boy it seemed he had not liked the advice that the healer had given. It was a fact of life that could either be accepted or not, it was up to the pup.
</P><p>
A pale brow rose as the pup told him to wait so wait he did. He waited quietly as the bot turned to face him a new wind of excitement seeming to over take him and then Emrys found himself staring confusedly as water was mentioned. <B>“Not sure I follow.”</b> Yes the healer knew snow was just frozen water but he wasn't sure where the child was going with this. The pale healer hummed as he felt he was starting to grasp what the young wolf was trying to tell him.
</P><p>
As he watched it seemed that the dark pup had figured out a way around the crunch. He did have to admit that it was a clever way of looking at it. In all of his time hunting he'd never seen it that way, <b>“That is a good way to look at it. Step through it as you would a stream or lake to catch fish.”</b> That was one skill Emrys didn't have some since he'd never had to fish before. Though it seemed that he might have to learn since he now lived by a river. </P>[dohtml]
(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2018, 04:05 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The boy nodded quickly, a smile forming when he heard the stranger’s comment about how it had been a good method. He couldn’t help it, that grin of his returned and the youth took a step toward Emrys, he paused for a moment, planting his right fore paw firmly into the snow. |ISir, it’s thanks to you sir, you gave me the idea when you mentioned practice...i don’t know how else to say it.”

He paused for a moment, a soft sigh escaping as he looked over at the twisting, meandering stream, uop at the cliffs where it zig zagged and cut through the jagged rock face. “You seem to know a lot sir,,,,do you know how that happens?” He asked, gesturing toward the stream’s source. “it’s pretty.” He added as he looked up in simple awe.
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The method the boy used to solve his crunching snow problem was one that he would have to remember. It would be useful in teaching pups how to hunt on the snow. “Well, then in that case I am glad that I found help and I hope my advice serves you well in the future.” Being a healer he always did like to help but after his experiences as alpha he felt he'd lost some of that desire. Maybe it was time he got back to it.

As the pup seemed to look around Emrys was curious what else was on his mind. He had started to regret that once the question had slipped from the young wolf's mouth. “I am not sure but I believe that it is caused by the water over a long time cutting a path along the rocks,” he explained. That was the best explanation and he wasn't sure where he'd heard it but he put it out there to be considered by the youngster.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar’s head tilted slightly to the side. His curiosity burning as Emrys spoke, He looked toward the jagged cliff sides with new awe. Nodding slowly in slight disbelief that something like that could have been formed from mere water. The white wolf hadn’t been wrong yet, so it wasn’t too hard for the pup to believe his words.

“Thank you sir!” he said genuinely happy as he shifted, settling back down onto his haunches. A sudden thought caused his eyes to wonder. “M-my mother raised me far better than this!” he squeaked in slight distress, groaning slowly “My names Daesamar sir, apologies for not starting with that sir.”
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The healer had never given it much thought how the streams and things had been created. However, he did remember having heard from somewhere about it so he'd repeated what he'd heard. The pale man wasn't sure how to take the boys reaction to what he'd told him so he waited for the young wolf to speak.

“Oh, you're quite welcome.” He said a little surprised when he was thanked. A pale brow rose when the boy spoke again about being raised better. Then it became clear when the young wolf stated his name. “Emrys, and don't worry about it. Not everyone does start with it.” That was something he'd learned while living in the lore.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The young wolf started to perk up when Emrys told him it was ok, that not everyone did it to begin with. This brought a sigh of relief to the silvery black pup. He nodded slowly, a smile returning to his muzzle as he felt better. “You’re name is nice sir.”He said, glancing around, his gaze returning to the river, His nose flaring slightly when he caught Emrys’s scent.

“I’ve been curious sir….the scent on you, you’re pack? A-are they as nice as you seem to be sir?” he was a bit awkward about it, wanting to both learn about potential neighbors if he settled down in the area, and wanting to be sure he didn’t trend on another pack’s paws. The most obvious reason was simple, the pup was starting to get lonely out here, and the weather seemed to be an never ended harsh cold now.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

It was nice knowing who he was talking to so in the future he could put a name to the face. He hated the guessing game when it came to who was who sometimes. “Thank you, my mother would be happy to hear that.” Unfortunately he would never be able to tell her but He'd some to terms with her death a long time ago. “Your’s is an interesting one, I haven't heard the likes of it before.” That is unless he counted Lachesis’ name.

The pale healer’s ears perked as the boy spoke of being curious. He then spoke of Emrys being in a pack. “I am in a pack,” he acknowledged, “And so far they all seem nice but I haven't been in the pack long and haven't met everyone.” Considering he’d been keeping to himself during his recovery and watching over Jynx it was lucky he was out and about at all.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The young wolf listened quietly and intently, his crooked right ear perking slightly when Emrys mentioned his mother. A sad smile formed on the pup’s muzzle at the mention of mothers. A sudden sadness started to grow within the child at the thought of his own mom, her silvery face, the sudden barking that and rung through this old mountainous home and shattered the peace he had know. “T-thank you.” he managed to squeak, shallowing back his grief before giving his head a shake.

The sadness showed, no matter how hard the youth tried to hide it, he just wasn’t good at masking his feeling. “S-she named me it after herself and my father.” . He looked away briefly, nodding slowly “It sounds like a good pack…” he murmured, the craving for one had been growing the past month or so, living on his own had been alright, but he knew he lacked a lot of the knowledge he’d need to be able to thrive out here, and in his heart, Daesamar was simply a social wolf.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys hadn't ever given much thought to his name, he just thought his mother had liked it so gave it to him. It made sense anyway since he'd been her only child. She'd been a good mother while she could be but like everyone else she wasn't meant to live forever no matter how.much the pale healer wished she hadn't been taken from him. There were still times he missed her and she lived on in his craft and beliefs. That was what mattered. He gave the boy a nod as he was thanked.

“Those are the best names,” he said when the boy explained how he'd gotten his name. “A little bit of history in it.” His parents history and maybe more depending on how his parents had gotten their names. “It seems to be a good pack,” he affirmed, “I've been friends with the leader for some time and I have every faith in his leading abilities.” Emrys hadn't forgotten the offer that had been made to him when he'd first met the then Hearthwood alpha. It was funny how things worked out.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The pup’s smile widened when Ermys complimented his name, his tail wagged happily as he pawed at the ground. His head bobbed quickly as he nodded in agreement. Daesanar’s silver gaze shone as he thought it over slowly, he might have a chance now, but he wasn’t sure how to go about this.

The youth paused for a moment, nodding yet again at the news. He wasn’t skilled in beating around the bush at all and jumped right to the point. “Do you think that maybe I’d have a chance at joining?” he swallowed a bit nervously, the winter was long, and never seemed to be ending, Emrys was nice,and if the rest of his packmates were the same, well then wouldn’t that be good? At least in the youth’s mind it seemed perfect.