(See All?) Announcements
386 Users Online

[BWP] a sycophantic, prophetic, Socratic junkie wannabe — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Joe who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: a little backdated. After this thread but before this thread. He's making his way up from Fireweed Rise to Lost Lake.

All wolves are welcome! (WR/AH/lone/ect ect)

I feel numb, born with a weak heart

The small boy loved to climb. The ability to balance and weave through the rocky terrain ran through his blood. It came very naturally to him. He was quick on his feet and clever. He could easily navigate and keep himself upright, a talent that he impressed himself with. He preferred it over the forest. It was open, endless in a lot of ways. He could see everything.

He sat on the side of the mountain with a subtle smile. It was hot, but not unbearably so. It was a calm morning with a soft breeze. It was refreshing, offering the spunky yearling a chance to regain his energy. He wanted to hunt, but not enough to actually track any prey. He was hoping to catch a scent on the breeze, for a wounded creature to throw themselves at him. It was unlikely, but the boy couldn’t do anything but hope. He sighed, taking one last sniff through his nose. “Anyone wanna sacrifice themselves for a meal?” he mumbled to the wind. He knew no one was around, but it felt good to hear his voice echo through the lands.

I guess I must be having fun
(This post was last modified: Aug 29, 2018, 08:14 PM by Vaken.)
currently travelling with Circe (she can jump in any of his threads)
[Image: bountyhunter_otb_by_a_yellow_bird-dc8zt91.png]
Played by Switch who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilith
though i'm empty when you go

With her new title she felt even more obligated to do her job. Which really didn't mean she was doing it more than she already was. There was just the continued want to rise higher. To be more, and so it was natural to want to do more. She'd been handed very little in her life, and the Ridge was no different. It was just what she needed. Another push. A reminder of what she wanted. She'd never been the kind of gal who liked things handed to her anyway.

It was with all this in her mind she left the Ridge behind in faint light of morning. It was the better time for hunts. Prey was more active in the faint light of the sun, and it would give her a lot of time to come up with something. Today she determined she would bring something special home. She only needed to find it.

For whatever reason, she was pulled in the direction of the Heights. One could say it was a better place to watch for stray coyotes. Higher, and in the open, she could spot them. Since once again she was running solo. But the further she climbed she couldn't help think there could be another underlying reason she'd come this way. She hoped perhaps the Goddess had left a gift for her and was prompting her.  Something wounded she could finish off by herself. What she didn't expect to find was a young loner, talking to himself. Or at least, as she tipped her head to the side against the breeze she swore he had uttered something.

"Hope I'm not interrupting?" She queried across the way. Giving a double wag of her tail while she maneuvered around the rocks, closer to him. All the while her hunter eyes taking silent notes about him. She wasn't quite sure he deserved a warm smile just yet. With all the coyotes about, she'd like to still appear fierce. Just as she'd been taught.

i just wanted you to know
(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2018, 04:27 AM by Lilith.)
[Image: g3SYtUY.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The scruffy male turned at the sound of a voice, his ears slicked back. He hadn’t been scared by her arrival, but pleasantly surprised. Her voice was endearing and smooth. It didn’t jolt him rather than slowly coax him to her company. He hadn’t heard her footsteps, maybe because he had been too focused on himself- maybe because she was that soft. He wasn’t sure it mattered. Regardless, he was impressed. He usually didn’t like company, but he was drawn to her based off first impressions. Her ability to creep up on him, mixed with her voice, her ebony fur and piercing gold eyes. She was like a shadow. He turned around at the same time he opened his mouth, replying quickly. “Nah.”

It was short, and sweet, but not cold. He quickly sized her up, eyes scooping her over with unsubtle curiosity. She wasn’t much taller than him, but overall larger. Strong, smelt like pack. That was a bit disappointing, but he didn’t let it get to him. He didn’t bother to evaluate her scent much more than that. It was vaguely familiar, but he didn’t dwell. Instead, he stood, stretching out his front paws and made room for her to join him. It was a casual move, but he made sure to keep himself unthreatening. His tail was not completely lowered, but he wasn’t challenging her. His throat was exposed, his ears perched on his head forward. He was being more civilized than normal, not like she’d be able to tell. He was making her calm demeanour with even less skepticism.

“Nothing to interrupt. I haven’t been able to find any prey.” He snorted, his face crinkling up in disgust. “The coyotes are making it hard. Their smell drives everything off.” He was rambling slightly, his voice lowering with his increasing frustration. He sighed, clearing his face of emotion. He looked over at the woman with a softer glare. “I wish I could kill every single one of them myself. Then maybe I’d have something to eat.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2018, 08:49 PM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Lilith

She guessed she may have just snuck up on him. Good. She wasn't losing her touch. But he didn't appear alarmed, just more surprised by her company. Lucky for her. A thought she voiced,"Lucky for me."

In that quiet moment, she realized it had been a long time since she'd seen a ragged loner. In fact it might have been Sven. But she didn't like to remember what he'd been like when he'd come upon the Dell. All thin and wounded. Instead she continued soaking in the details of this man. How his long,blond fur fell in a certain way that complimented the rest of his dark coat, and how it seemed he must be managing to feed himself. Something that impressed her with his smaller stature, and partly tugged at her interest. It took mettle to look after yourself. Most interesting he openly seemed to be taking her in. A thought that made her lips broaden into her sweet smile. Obviously,pleasantly surprised. It had been awhile since a look had flattered her. Since his stance spoke of ease, it was without hesitance she took place next to him, just where he'd made room for her.

"You're telling me. It's my job to hunt for my pack and it hasn't been easy with those vermin everywhere." The displeasure hinted in her tone, but it was more of disappointment. It had been hard work to begin with, but now? She often felt like she was failing. A light laugh sounded as he spoke about his wish. "If only,"she dreamily added. No one would disagree it'd be nice if they were all gone. She feared winter would only make things worse.  Seeing as they were both hoping for the same thing she saw no harm in her next question.

"Would you be interested in accompanying me? Two of us could have some better luck and I would easily split it with you." There was a hopeful look to her black facade. She wasn't sure Willow Ridge would appreciate this.  Then again she really couldn't see any of them upset. Something was better than nothing. There was only one particular wolf she thought about it bothering. But it was just another reason she hoped this stranger would say yes.

(This post was last modified: Aug 29, 2018, 11:55 PM by Lilith.)
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The boy swayed his tail against the dirt softly, unknowingly covering it in twigs. It tangled into his scruffy fur. He was too focused on her words to pay much attention to his own actions. He was entranced with the way she smiled, the shine of her golden eyes. Had he met a prettier she-wolf? If he had, he couldn’t remember. “I’d like that,” he said cooly, keeping his tone neutral. He wasn’t starving, but he wasn’t going to turn down an opportunity to talk with her more, especially not if it meant staying full a few more days.

Instead, he rose to his feet and shook out his tail. He was aware now of the mess he had made rubbing it against the floor the way he had. He knew from experience that he couldn’t quite reach it with his mouth, so he didn’t try. He wasn’t going to embarrass himself further. He wagged it furiously, a twig falling to the ground, then sighed. He accepted the small defeat. It wasn’t his fault that his fur was unevenly long in some areas, that parts of his body seemed to get tangled easier than others. His tail was a magnet for shrubbery. “My name is Vaken,” he introduced, his eyes still trained on his straight tail. He finally dropped it completely. “Vaken Svart.”

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Lilith

It was the hunter in her that noticed the motion of his tail from the corner of her eyes. It became riddled with sticks, which he didn't seem to notice. She only continued to smile, loving this new attention as he didn't even take a second to think about what she offered."Good," was her simply answer as she rose. Happy to continue where she left off and with a fellow in turn. Now as his eyes found the mess of his tail, he attempted to shake them off to no avail. Well except a single one. She frowned, and with  a gentleness she stepped closer. "Here," she offered, as she attempted to take one of the larger ones in her teeth, carefully trying to twist it free without ripping his wild hair. She couldn't really help the rest, or felt that that somehow might be pushing boundaries of some sort or other. Her eyes lingered to his. "Vaken Svart, pleasure to meet you. I'm simply Lilith." She smiled as if knowing she was not simple in the least, and yet maybe she was. She didn't think of herself as a complex creature, and she'd never had a last name worth keeping. She wondered if she ever would.

A strong force of wind unpleasantly pushed at her face, teasing the hair on her head, and down her neck. She scrunched her face in defense, but the wind had brought a glorious scent. A kill. "Can you smell that?" If he didn't his nose was broken but she highly doubted that. Feeling her prayers may have just been answered she didn't take the time to think, and with a mischievous grin she took off to the kill. How swift her hopes, her joy were taken away as quickly as they'd come. It was then she realized it was tainted with coyote, and she'd scarcely reached it when she saw them. A whole pack eyeing her if she would be joining the deer. Her jaw clenched in frustration. Attempting to shut back her emotions of failure, and the pathetic sadness she felt. She knew she'd been pushing her luck, but she'd been so sure something good was going to happen. Look where that had gotten her? The dark hairs along her spine rose, and she lifted her lips to show her rows of teeth, tilting her head to protect what was vital.  She was a definite picture of come at me, I dare you.

(This post was last modified: Sep 13, 2018, 04:07 AM by Lilith. Edit Reason: typos i missed )
Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart

The boy didn’t get a chance to express his concern. Just as quickly as she had appeared, the shadow-woman vanished. She had smelt the kill on the breeze and reacted impulsively. Vaken didn’t blame her, the young boy was always quick to act without thinking. It was easy to relate to. He had learned the lesson multiple times himself over the last few months. He had wore the scars as proof. Leftovers were never that accessible, not this summer, not while the mongrels were lurking around. It was never that easy, not with the other predators in such high numbers.

When she sprinted towards the prey, the small boy tensed up. He propelled himself forward, pushing off his strong backlegs. He knew exactly what she was running into. She had the head start, but the yearling was quick. He had caught up to her when she slammed on the breaks, face to face with the mongrel pack. He raised his upperlip, letting out a vicious snarl. He stepped forward, not necessarily to protect the women- he was sure she could do that herself, but to intimidate them further and offer himself as target. He had fought enough of them to know how to do it properly. He didn’t want to belittle the woman, who clearly was strong and healthy, but he trusted his skills against them most. Intimidating them didn’t do enough. They were distracted momentarily, but he knew it was only a matter of time.

They only stopped when blood was drawn. He’d have to kill them all, or scare them to hell and back. He hissed through his front teeth, his mind quickly formulating a plan. The two of them couldn’t fight them all. They’d be torn apart, there was too many. Their only option was to run. “Head north. Fight through them.” He didn’t mean to order her around. His words weren’t authoritative as much as they were frantic. He knew the coyotes didn’t like to chase on the rocks, especially not towards pack lands. The scent markers would deter them, then the pair could hunt in peace. He knew that her pack was there, more to the east. He wasn’t leading her too far away. His target was the pack right above, with the heavy scent borders. If the couple got lucky, the coyotes would stop long before that, but it was something.

He watched the enemies with narrowed eyes, gnashing his teeth in the air as they moved closer. He was ready, but wouldn’t move without her.

(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2018, 05:36 AM by Vaken.)
Inactive No Rank
Lilith
this isn't the best hopefully they'll get better :P

She counted herself lucky that at least she wasn't alone in this. He had been right behind her, all too aware of the situation. Quickly adding his own voice of displeasure as he stepped closer almost in challenge. Like he'd done this before. The reason for some scars? Once they got out of this she might just have to ask.

Gold eyes danced from one to the other, as a growl built in her throat. It wasn't exactly a fair fight, and they knew it too. She'd like to think if they started scrapping she'd eventually get back to the Ridge. Get a good ass chewing for it. Or something.

No, any attention she gained wouldn't be worth it. Not like this As if she was a desperate child. She'd be pretty see through, and it wouldn't do anyone a lick of good. Now the only problem was what should they actually do? The Ridge was too far... but there was another pack. He knew it to. How clever. She gave a nod of her head in understanding. Her eyes flickering to him, in warning. In a, are you ready? And despite wanting to hold onto one more second, she leaped, driving her legs onward. Attempting to ram into the tail end of a coyote, all while keeping herself moving forward while others attempted to snap at her darting figure. She felt the hot breath of one near her rump. One bumped into her shoulder. It was the horrible sounds that came out of their mouths that drove her to run even faster.

Inactive No Rank
Vaken Svart
OOC: my reply is meh :/ I'm sorry if it's hard to reply to but once you get your post up we can claim LP

Vaken’s teeth sunk in, his tongue licking towards the blood as he ripped at the vermin’s shoulder. His teeth were matched with the coyote’s, both pairs of jaws snapping at one another. A tooth scrapped the side of his nose before he could dodge out of the way. “Idiot!”

He was angry now. He used his weight (the little he had) to shove the creature out of his way, barreling through him. The small victory only lasted a second. Before he could catch his breath and get out of the way, the small canine grabbed hold of his hind-leg, jerking him back. Kicking desperately with his back foot, Vaken tried to make contact. He wiggled viciously, snarling as he tried to keep balanced. Things were not going the way he had hoped. Landing a sharp blow to the animal’s jaw, Vaken dropped his back foot to the ground and bolted. He ran around another coyote, attempting to stay out of striking range and towards Lilith. His fighting wasn’t the best, but his speed was. All he had to do was escape his opponent. He knew they would follow- they always did, but that was okay. As long as they didn’t have their teeth in him, Vaken couldn’t care less. He was all too comfortable with running away. “Here’s our chance,” he panted, his feet moving like bullets beneath him.