(See All?) Announcements
526 Users Online
Bing, Google

Welcome to the New Board
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

Welcome to the New Board.

We have finally done it! After more than six months of work and preparation, we have finally completed our board move to myBB. We're going to try and get everything we can into this announcement, but I'm fairly certain I'll forget something, so if there's anything that is unclear, please respond to this news post for clarification.

A special thanks goes out to all of our staff at RoW, especially {Ice_player}, who spent countless hours reorganizing and rewriting the Library articles, as well as provided other help to the staff during the move. We also would like to thank Jared, our host, who not only manages the machine that RoW lives on, but also provided his programming skill and his shoulder for Shadow to cry on when things got intense. We would also like to thank {Kiche_player}, who provided several of RoW's new skins.

New Board.

I'm not even entirely sure where to begin with this, so hopefully I can make sense of everything. MyBB is a very similar bulletin board to IPB, and the staff has done everything we can to try and make the UI of the board feel as familiar as possible. The most noticeable change will probably be the different URLs, so start clicking all the things to become familiar with how the link structure works. Please note that all quick links, using the {} still work, so no need to worry about that. Some forums and threads have been moved around, as well, so please be aware of that.

An important note regarding HTML - you do need to use the dohtml tag on this board in order to use HTML, though myCODE or bbCODE does work as well. If you used bbCODE in a post on the IPB forum, it was converted to html, which is why you'll see random bits of HTML everywhere. Either add in [dohtml] in your post, or go in and manually change the < and > to { and }. I apologize for this inconvenience, but there wasn't anything I could do during the transfer to prevent this.

Accounts.

This information is crucial, so please read it carefully! All user accounts and information was transferred over from the old board. OOC Post counts, I believe, are the last thing that need to be adjusted, in addition to user settings (including time zone, board preferences, etc.). Please take a few minutes to double check that all your information is correct. If it isn't, please post in the bugs thread and let us know.

Account Linking has changed for this board. You must now pick one account to be your primary account (for instance, Corinna is my primary account over Raigo). Visit the Account Linker and enter the login details of the account you would like to link to your primary account. Then from your primary account, you can link the rest of your characters - no more having to login to each account and send a PM to all of your other 4 accounts. You can control it all from this one account.

User information in the profile may show up with a strange format as a result of the move. It will require some manual editing on your part, such as adjusting spacing and what not. Also, there were some CSS changes that will affect your personal skins. If you'd like to see how to change them, please refer to this library article here. The changes are not major, but they will more than likely explain why some parts of your skin are not showing up correctly.

Board Wide Plot: Where the Wild Things Are.

As promised, with moving to the new Board, we are going to introduce our new BWP. The plot has actually already begun, and you can take a look at it's beginnings in this thread here. The stranger's scent headed in the direction of Mount Dire, and her's is not the only unfamiliar face that is beginning to appear in Relic Lore. Who are the others? You can check them out on the Adopt-a-Wolf page. These characters are crucial to the BWP, and we can't begin until we've got them adopted. So if you're interested in adopting one of these temporary characters, please PM the Spirit of Wildwood account with an RP sample of the character in question. Until then, don't be surprised if private conversations are no longer so private. ;)

The Library.

The Library has gotten a major overhaul; probably one of the biggest on the entire board. We've added some sections and reorganized it so that information is easier to find. But even more important is that you, as members, now have the ability to contribute directly to the library. Want to add something to the timeline? Have a legend that is being told in your pack? We want to know about it! To get started with your own articles, we recommend reading the Creating a Library Article thread to get a feel for what we're looking for. All submissions are moderated by a staff member before being accepted.

Upcoming Features.

In order to get the board done on time, we didn't have time to introduce all of the features that we wanted to. However, we want you to know what we currently have in the pipeline, and we are taking suggestions, so please feel fee to comment with any ideas you might have.

- Skin Archive: will allow you to store skins onsite and test them, since you can no longer do so in the profiles.
- Player Points: this is our new members rewards program that will allow you to earn points through OOC participation than can be used to enhance your experience here at RoW (having your character's den be made into an official subterritory, family library article, etc.)
- Linked Accounts Enhancement: will link together inboxes of linked accounts and the UCP of the linked accounts so you can do everything from your primary account.
- RoW Advisory Board: We will be randomly selecting 3 or 4 members who submit their name to serve on RoW's Advisory Board for a term of 3 months. Members will help discuss OOC Games and IC developments with the staff, but are not staff members in the sense that they handle managing the board.
- A handful of other things that Shadow can't think of right now because she's super tired. :x

Bugs.

The process to move to myBB was not a particularly easy one, and as a result, there are quite a few bugs, some that we're aware of and others that we're not. I would love it if everybody could please report the bugs that they find in this thread so that I can have a running account of what I need to take care of and prioritize. Please be sure to check to see if somebody has already reported the error or if it is a known error that we're already aware of. Given the stressfulness of the move, I'm taking a few days away from the game, so anything non-crucial/"Relic Lore is exploding I'm going to die" is going to be put on the backburner for a few days.

And I think that is everything, though given the length of this message and the amount of effort that went into this move, I'm sure I'm forgetting half a dozen things. So please, ask for clarification, comment, suggest, complain (though nicely, please), whatever have you. We hope you guys enjoy and get back into posting!

Wow great job to everyone! Yeah, I notice some HTML needs fixing in Destin's extra profile, but speaking of the fadeout/fadein part of the page is super awesome/cool.

Congratulations to all the admins who finally got this finished! I'm excited to see how this plot goes! Intense.
Thank you so much Shadow, Rachel, Fen, and all the other staff and members that made this move possible! I know you were really starting to tire out near the end last night Shadow --sorry I bailed, I accidentally closed the tab and was like LDJKFLKDSJFNOOOO for like five minutes because I felt like you really needed the company-- and so I know you really deserve a lovely Christmas and a break <3
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
WE LOVE YOU ALL STAFF BECAUSE YOUR SO AMAZING FOR DOING THIS! shadow, we promise we won't break the new board {on purpose}.
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
An Amazing job! Everything looks so very clean and new! I love the Library's set up, how it looks, the little pictures, all of it. :3 Very lovely work!
THANKSIES SOOO MUCH!!