(See All?) Announcements
437 Users Online
Neo, Isla, Sophrosnia, Bing, Google

New Feature: Timelines
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

New Feature: Timelines

An article with detailed instructions will be coming along in the next few days, but I couldn't wait any longer to share this with you guys! I'd like to introduce to you the Timeline feature, unique to RoW. The goal is to help you keep a closer eye on your character's timeline, especially when it comes to backdating your threads.

You can view your timeline by going to your profile and clicking the timeline tag. By default, you will see all of the threads your character has ever participated in sorted according to the thread's start date. But wait! What is this "click to edit" text we see? Well, if you click it, you'll see a text area appear that will allow you to give a summary of the thread! Pretty neat, right?

Even better, though, is if you double click on the date of any thread, you have the ability to change it. Upon hitting enter, the thread will automatically be resorted in the timeline to its proper position!

There are still a few tweaks that need to be made, but the basic functionality is there. I'd love to get your feedback on it: what do you like, what would you like to change, etc. Below are some additional things that will be introduced:

- Ability to hide certain dead threads from your timeline
- Parse shortcode
- Select format for dates

Hope you guys like it!

Wonderful!
I hate having to back date and try doing it as little as possible, but sometimes its hard when your in SO MANY threads which are left a lot open-ended. I very much like being able to make little summaries, as this will free up a lot of clutter in my bio. section. :3
I also agree that this is an awesome feature to have added. ^^ It's a lot easier than having to make the whole timeline as it is.

I have already begun arranging threads and adding comments to them, though I have noticed that every four or more posts, the comment does not save. Instead it comes up with an error message and then nothing is saved.

Strangely it only does this with a few posts. You can look through the threads I've already commented in Nari's timeline to see. (Though I haven't finished yet) You'll see in between dates and posts there are some left blank with no comments. Those are the ones that won't save and come up with that error message.

I'm probably going to post this same problem over in maintenance too. But just a heads up here then If I don't post over maintenance too soon.

Every time I try to edit a date it says "Please enter a valid date," no matter how I enter the date?

Aside from that issue, I think the timeline is pretty neat. :)

Edit: And it added this thread to my timeline after I made this post...
I was having issues with dates, I put MM/DD/YYYY (so leading 0's if needed) then hit 'enter' and it worked.

My studio is showing in the timeline too but once delete function is there it should be easy enough to hide it.

I refresh every couple just to be sure and I haven't had any issues yet.

Love it!
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Having a similar problem - enter text, click to save and the pop-up tells me "An error occurred". However, if I enter a smaller text blurb I have no trouble saving/updating the content. Perhaps there is a character limit?
I also have the maintenance thread showing up at the very top. :)

Great feature otherwise! Very useful.
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
This is so epic I love you :OOO