(See All?) Announcements
543 Users Online
Google, Bing

A New Legacy — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
March 13th, Mid-morning, cool with clear skies.

The morning had been a lazy one, spent in the company of his beautiful mate, but the time had come to gather those that had promised themselves to he and Narime'. As he stretched languidly and looked about them, he smiled contentedly. He had come from a long line of honorable and well-loved rulers. He had been groomed from birth to take over leadership of his birth pack or found one of his own at some point. That plan had been way-layed by the vicious band of rogues that had murdered his father and many of his blood.

Nearly two years later, here he was about to finally realize his destiny. He had reunited with his brother and sister, Guiness and Tempest and in them the old legacy lived on. But now. Now, he had his beautiful bride by his side. She was strong and kind and they loved each other with a depth that he had never before dreamed possible. Each day it grew stronger and each day he spent with her, he felt stronger. More worthy somehow... a better wolf than he had been alone. Together, they would start a new legacy. One worthy of the Thorben name and strengthened exponentially by the love and compassion of his silver angel.

He looked over at her, loving just looking at her and knowing that she was his. He was a blessed wolf, to be sure! Now, it was time to call the others and make their family whole. He had enjoyed his brief time alone with her once they got back from the Secret Woodlands, but time was flying by and he knew that soon he and Narime' would create new life. Those tiny bundles would need a pack to help raise, protect and support them. Their summons would have to wait for just a bit longer though.

@Narimé had mentioned possible dangers in the cave and they needed to evaluate them first, so they would know exactly what needed to be done to make it safe for everyone. He yawned to wake himself a bit more and then nuzzled his mate's scruff. With a sigh at giving up her sole company he smiled at her and said, "I believe that we should take a closer look around the cave at the possible dangers that you mentioned before. Then it will be time to call our new family together, my love!" He beamed with pride as he looked at her strong young form, loving both the beauty and strength that she exuded.

Knight of Honor
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She had slept in that morning, comfortable beside her mates russet form. Had she still been in Willow Ridge Narimé would have likely woken early to scout for prey for the pack. Eventually she would have to do this again, though for her own pack. However for now the silver she wolf could afford to be lazy. Her dreams taking her to warm happy memories of the wolves from her past. Her father Sibo was standing healthy once more at her side, only she wasn't a pup. Then his white head would twitch over and look approvingly towards Sloane who would take up place on her opposite side. In both the dream and reality Nari had wished that these two wolves could have met.

"Wake up darling, don't just survive here...but thrive.." Her fathers words echoed in her ears as she stirred beside Sloane. With a yawn the gray wolf opened her blue gaze and blinked the sleepiness away. The sun..how? Great I slept in again.. She chastised herself for the slow start. Her heart was caught on her fathers parting words from the dream. To survive and thrive. Hmm..

Sometime after the pair had woken Sloane led her still sleepy eyed back to the dark cave. She knew the dangerous area's within already but even so the cave offered them a great opportunity. It would make a great den if only they and the pack could seal off the dangerous tunnels. Either with thorny bushes, or by digging at the entrances to fill them in or block them, there had to be a way to make it safer.

She listened to his rugged voice matching the rugged landscape around them. They definitely fit in this place. It was just a matter of making it homey and pup proof. Narimé's silver ears caught Sloane's voice as he echoed the very thing she was thinking about. Though they would definitely need the packs help to seal off the dangerous tunnels. However she agreed that for now it was best to show him the dangerous areas within the dark depths of the earth.

"I'll show you the dangerous areas and the tunnels with deep water. Then maybe we can think of a way to seal them off so nobody drowns or falls into deep crevices. I did also show Simaea a bit of the area down here so she know's some of the dangers." She spoke up glancing to him with a more serious look on her face. Then she gave him a warning.

"Until our eyes get used to the dark in a few minutes be careful of your step. It's easy to trip around here." She smiled then slipped past him to lead the way, her tail flicking his nose as she started forward. "Apart from that, once you can see I'm sure you'll like the view. It's beautiful in here and I'm sure you'll have some fun looking around." She smiled over her shoulder then started padding into the main room that connected to their large entrance.

Going to put a map of the tunnels up again just for reference for myself and if you wanna use it.
(Ignore the Nari's route on there) If anything I would block off four tunnels to the entire southern end of cave. There's just too much dangerous stuff down that way.<br>
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/009/8/0/full_cavern_map_by_terra_anne-d5qzua4.jpg

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane couldn't believe how happy he was just to have Narime' by his side and as she sleepily accompanied him to the deeper recesses of the main cave he let his fur mingle with hers, enjoying the little snaps of sensation touching her seemed to evoke. He'd enjoyed her all sleepy-eyed, but once she focused on what he'd said, she seemed to wake up the rest of the way and was ready to get down to business.

She warned him to let his eyes adjust and to stay close as they explored the network of caves behind the main cavern. It amazed him that she'd ever found her way out, to be honest. She was right about it being beautiful though. Once his eyes adjusted to the almost complete darkness he could make out shapes of great columns jutting up from the ground and hanging threateningly down from the ceilings in some spots. It was awe-inspiring and terrifying all at the same time. He glanced at Narime' with renewed respect for keeping her wits about her to escape what could very well have ended up being her tomb.

That thought sent a true shiver through him that had absolutely nothing to do with the cold damp underground air. Shaking off the feeling of dread, he walked with Narime' through a good many areas and he could see what she'd been talking about. It all seemed to be manageable though. Most of the tunnels, they would try and block off completely and all of the adults would be warned to watch out for the others and to keep an eye on the young when they came in time.

Eventually, they made their way back towards the entrance and he blinked rapidly as his eyes adjusted to the light of day once more. Although there was work to do, he really had no qualms with this place as their new home. He looked to Narime' and asked, "Shall we call the others, my dear?"

Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

They made their way back out to the entrance, Narimé achingly aware of Sloane beside her. Just that little touch of his fur on hers sending fire bouncing around her body. For a moment the young woman was apprehensive about calling Simaea and Keith to them. She kind of wanted to cuddle up next to Sloane alone. But the tunnels.. It will take a long time to get them blocked off. We should start up as soon as possible.. reluctantly Nari nodded sparing Sloane her own charming smile.

"It's up to you my sweet alpha male." She giggled letting her butt drop to the floor. A yawn interrupted her giggling while she waited for him to call the others. Nari wondered if Keith would like their new home or if he would be apprehensive about it. The silver hunter knew that Simaea had been apprehensive at first, though she hoped the black fea was getting used to it.

Turning her gray head the she wolf watched the forest as it warmed in the filtered sunlight. Birds flitted between the uppermost branches of the willow, cedar, and scrawny pine tree's which made up this tiny segment of forest. The hills sang with birdsong in the mid-morning bustle of activity. In fact, Narimé could catch just the whiff of rabbit on the breeze which made her stomach snarl.

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
As they made their way out to the entrance it seemed that their coats mingled almost constantly. He wondered if he'd ever get enough of being so close to his mate. He doubted it and who would want to give up that feeling that traveled up and down his spine from her lightest touch. He knew that the season was part of the reason it was so intense, but the feeling had been there even in the dead of winter and he would ever thrill to her touch in any form she chose to share it.

He wished that they could take more time alone, but there was work to do and it was time that their family officially came together. As his mate gave him the honor, giggling in the most adorable manner he grinned. She was behaving just as he felt, almost drunk on happiness and he loved to see her happy. He gave her a playful bump on the shoulder and swiped her cheek lovingly before he lifted his russet and cream muzzle to the sky and called for @Kieth and @Simaea, requesting their presence at the cave that would become all of their homes.

While they waited for the arrival of the others, he joined his Lady in enjoying the beautiful view that their new kingdom had to offer. Then he heard Narime's belly growl and he chuckled at the sound. "Once we've seen to business, we'll take care of breakfast, my love!" His own empty stomach chose that moment to voice it's own complaint and he burst out laughing. When he had composed himself once more, he batted at her shoulder playfully a couple of times, inviting her to wrestle for a few moments to distract themselves from their grumbling bellies while they waited for the others.

Knight of Honor
Played by Melorama who has 49 posts.
Inactive II. Teacher
Kieth Tatum
The day was cool, with clear skies and little wind. It was around mid-morning, and the sun was already up in the sky, making its ascent to the top, before it would fall again. The morning had been a lazy one, with him laying on the ground next to a large tree. He was content, lying on his back, and staring up at the foliage. But he knew it wouldn't last long.

When Sloane's howl broke through the silence, calling for himself and Simaea, the dark grey male got to his feet and shook out his pelt. A few leaves and sticks littered the ground around him, and he gave a grimace. Sometimes, it was such a bother having thick, long fur. But at other times, it was very useful. Such as during the winter, with its cold winds and snow and rain. Kieth gave a slight shudder, he didn't like winter at all. It was too cold. But perhaps some other wolves did.

The dark grey male broke into a lope, and travelled like that for the whole way there. It didn't take too long, and eventually he came upon Sloane and Narimé, who were wrestling playfully. He walked up to them in a neutral manner; head and tail at his shoulder height, and gave a dip with his head. They were his alpha's, and he would show respect. "Sloane, Narimé."

Meanwhile, his eyes looked around them, watching for when Simaea would appear. When she did, he guessed it would have something to do with the cave they were by. It looked dark inside, and possibly had many dangers. But he knew that if they worked together, they could get rid of those dangers, or make them easy to avoid at the least.

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2013, 09:39 PM by Kieth.)
[Image: wcpride3_by_terra_anne-d60id3y.png]
You can run, but you can't hide

Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea had been quite aways away, she did not realize she had wandered so far, It had been a slow morning with not much going on, she had set out to explore whatever she could. Several small animals had been unfortunate enough to cross paths with her. She was steadily treading unknowingly in the direction of Narime's old pack when she heard the howl echoing out of the cave. She turned on her length and raced back in the direction of home. Her pace steady and strong until she came upon her small cache of prey. She withdrew her game and trekked much more slowly and headed back towards the cave with several limp mammals clutched in her jaws.

By the time she returned Kieth had already made it leaving her at the last to arrive. Simaea deposited her offering into the Cache that she had made herself as she strode to her small family. "Hello everyone." She said, with her tail tucked and her head low as per her usual. She could see the love that burned between her leaders and briefly wondered if there would be pups around soon, the thought set her tail wagging a few times. The thought also set her wondering if a male would ever come along and steal her heart the way Sloane had stolen Narime's. With a very slight twinge of sadness she decided not, not many males were fond of scars across one's neck. Simaea pushed aside the thoughts and gazed at her leaders and waited.

(This post was last modified: Mar 20, 2013, 10:16 PM by Simaea.)
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narimé was glad to see the others arrive so quickly. Their loyalty to a wolf they barely knew surprised her. It was like the loyalty she'd had for Elettra and the Willow Ridge wolves. A whisper of sadness flitted across her face as she remembered all of the time the silver wolf had spent there. True Nari would probably miss those older family and friends, but her drive to create her own family kept her on this new path. With these new friends they would help to create a pack here. One that would be at home within the shadows of the mysterious cave.

It wasn't so hard to be proud of herself in that moment of realization. Narimé's gray head tipped up proud of what she had managed to do since coming to Lore. Her only regret being that she hadn't found her father in time to speak with him. To at least say good bye. However now she was here with her charming mate Sloane and her two friends Simaea and Kieth. Her violet hued eyes, previously lost in thought, turned to Kieth and Simaea giving them a nod and a smile.

"Hello you two." She was always impressed with Kieths honorable greetings. Though she hadn't spoken to him much about anything else yet. Perhaps now is the time to do that? She wondered then looked to Simaea. Her friend seemed to have been fine until a flash of sadness flickered across her eyes. Nari wondered what she was sad about but decided not to speak to the black fae until later when they were alone. She might not want to talk about something sad in front of everyone else. Maybe she's just sad that she can't be with Hollow? Nari shook her head then sighed.

"O gosh we have a lot to do. " She paused unsure of what to do first. Taking a few moments to collect herself Nari thought of what the alpha pair were supposed to do when ruling a pack.

Get a den site...check.
Claim the territory... We are about to do that, but no check yet.
Find a good place for food and herb caches... Check cause the whole cave is good for that.
Keep the subordinates in line... well none of them are roudy or unhappy with us so...check?
Rules for the pack..uhh.. rules..rules.. what rules?

Narimé had finally fallen on a subject which She and Sloane had yet to discuss. Rules of the pack. Rules like what @Elettra had made when she first joined. But now.. I'm the leader I can change them if I want..but.. Is there anything for me to change? She looked through her memories of the day she'd joined Willow Ridge officially as it had started. She'd spoken of sparring and dominance matches. Which were allowed, and Nari agreed with this as much as she didn't like fighting. It was still needed within a pack to keep the strongest within their ranks. Though Nari felt like every wolf had something they could do well. If only she could find a duty for those weaker wolves to do. To make themselves worthy to stay within the pack. Not just keep the strong. A pack needs peacekeepers as much as it needs guardians.. She nodded to herself.

Then she thought about the other all important rule. Mates and breeding within the pack. Nari had known two styles of leading on this subject. Her mothers old pack had a strict no mates and no breeding policy. As was most packs out there. However Elettra had allowed the wolves within her pack to have mates. Just not to breed with them.

So which should I choose? I don't know but I think Sloane's old pack was the same as mine. Not allowing mates or breeding. Besides.. Not allowing a mate is normal since usually young wolves would leve the pack if they wanted to find a mate and start their own. That's the way it's supposed to be. She growled sure of herself. That was the way things should be. What about Sloane though.. She thought honestly knowing that she wouldn't be angry if her pack members took mates. She had done the same, though still leaving her family as any young wolf would.

"As for rules of the pack. You can fight for rank and dominance, have playfights, and spar if you want. The only thing I say about this is that no wolf in this pack will kill or maim one of our own in a fight. Just sit on them if they really get on your nerves." She tried to keep the mood light then went on to the next topic. There were so few of them there that it was easy to get your point across.

"I'm pretty sure Sloane will agree with me in that there will be no breeding a part from our own. Not so much because I don't want you guys to be happy and find mates or have a family, but because the pack itself can only take care of one litter of pups. If you guys want mates and a family then tell me you plan to leave before you go. Just don't have a family of your own here." She kept herself neutral when approaching this subject. Not keeping a smile or a frown upon her maw, but gazing around at Simaea and Kieth with a lightly serious expression. "Also if you do plan on leaving in the future.. I will be very sad.. However everyone has a life to live and decisions to make. Just tell one of us if you plan on leaving. Don't just dissapear. That will make me even more sad.. I would rather have our members stay for a long time with us, as a proper family should." She gave them a light smile then looked over to Sloane wondering if she had done okay. Or if he didn't like some of the stuff she'd said.

"I don't have much else to add.. and Sloane I'm not sure where you stand on pack members having mates either within or outside of the pack. I'm pretty sure I missed stuff though. You've already led for a little while. Do you have any rules to add?" She stepped back to her mates side then watched him with curious blue eyes.

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2013, 09:04 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane's pride in his mate grew with each word uttered from her slender muzzle. She may have been nervous and fumbled over her words with Nina and her pack, but here with her own and by his side, she was finding herself. She had put much thought into her speech and her confidence was beginning to strengthen and shine like a bright star. He couldn't help the subtle shift of his large form closer to her own and he gave her a quick look of boundless pride.

Then he nodded his head, agreeing with all that she had said so far. "Given that there are just the four of us to start the rules are very basic. As Narime' has said ranks may be challenged when the time comes and you may find a mate, if that makes you happy. We wish for all of our members to find happiness however you can, be it friendships or more . As long as it doesn't threaten the livelihood of the pack. So, while you may take a mate for love, none but Narime' and I shall bear young, under penalty of banishment. We hope that it never comes to that though, for we want to be a strong and well bonded pack that will stand in the force of whatever life may throw at us."

Standing to his full and impressive height, Sloane looked both wolves before him squarely in the eyes for a moment befor he continued speaking. "For the moment, the two of you will obviously be our seconds but that may change over time with the joining of others. But know that no matter how many members we call our own, we will both care for each member as if they were our own blood regardless of rank. Each wolf shall pull their own load, be it for protection, hunting or pup-sitting when the time comes. So far, both of you have proven your loyalties and stuck by Narime' and myself and for that you have my loyalty and pledge to lead, protect and honor you as a proud member of Whisper Caverns pack. Do you pledge your loyalty formally to us?"

Knight of Honor
Played by Melorama who has 49 posts.
Inactive II. Teacher
Kieth Tatum

When the black and brown yearling joined them, Kieth smiled and gave a few shakes of his thick brush. He briefly glanced at Simaea and saw that she had caught many small animals on her wanderings. She seemed like a very good hunter, with her long legs and speed. The dark grey male returned his attention to Narimé as she started speaking. He could see that she was still a bit nervous at being alpha, but he knew she would become accustomed to it.

Kieth smiled as the silver fae spoke of sparring and dominance matches. She seemed to want to keep the mood light and happy. Which wasn't a bad thing. It just told him that Narimé would be a good alpha. One who was always friendly and helped out when it was needed. That was the kind of alpha he would give all his respect to.

As Narimé spoke of having mates, the dark grey male frowned slightly. He knew that he would never get a mate, he was already past that point. But he would be happy if Simaea could find her own. She was a sweet fae with a hard past, but some males didn't understand or appreciate the fact that even though some females weren't beautiful, they could still be loving and beautiful on the inside.

Kieth shifted his pale grey gaze to meet Narimé's when he heard her voice again. He would never leave this pack, they were his family. He had already parted ways with his family once, and had wanted to return many times. That in itself was enough to keep him here, with his new family.

The dark grey male watched as Narimé stepped back and allowed Sloane to speak. He nodded as the russet male finished speaking, it made sense to him atleast. He understood the penaties of breaking pack law, and hoped that any future members wouldn't oppose it.

When Sloane spoke of loyalty in the pack, the dark grey male nodded. He would give his best to protect his family, even when it seemed impossible to get through. At Sloane's last words, "Do you pledge your loyalty formally to us?" Kieth lowered his head slightly and looked up at the russet male, but not directly into his amber eyes. "I pledge my loyalty to you and the pack in that I will protect and honour every pack member as if they were of my own blood and do my best to help the pack in any way I can."

The dark grey male kept silent as he finished speaking. He stayed in his current position, not moving a muscle. Waiting for Simaea to speak.

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2013, 11:11 PM by Kieth.)
[Image: wcpride3_by_terra_anne-d60id3y.png]
You can run, but you can't hide