(See All?) Announcements
583 Users Online
Bing, Google

Scheduled Maintenance -- Updated Again!
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

Scheduled Maintenance

Just a heads up that RoW will be going offline either tonight or tomorrow for some scheduled maintenance. I need to some upgrades and it's easiest to do if the board is offline so no information is at risk of being lost. I don't have a specific time currently, but a notification will be posted when the site is offline with an estimated downtime.

To prepare for maintenance, I would recommend making backups of your character information. I of course make site wide backups, but it never hurts to have your own in case something goes wrong. It would also be helpful if you went through your PMs and cleared out ones that you no longer need - whether they are in your inbox, sent items folder, or anywhere else.

Please be aware that the staff have been asked to not fill Maintenance requests until the site maintenance is done. This is to prevent that data being lost, so please be patient with the staff in fulfilling your requests.

The site chat should still be functional for at least some of the site maintenance. To continue to access the chat while the board is offline, you can follow these three steps.

1. Log in. You will be redirected back to the Offline Board Message.
  2. Go to http://relic-lore.net/newchat
  3. Continue to chat

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks for your cooperation and your patience!

[dohtml]bold signature[/dohtml]

Maintenance Complete

Okay, at this point, you are free to post and use the board like normal. There are still bugs to be worked out, but I would appreciate your help in identifying them. If you could, please respond to this thread and let me know (though please, please, please look to see if somebody has already reported it). Bugs can be functional, layout, etc. If it doesn't work, I want to know about it.

An overview of what was changed will be coming in the next few days. Thanks!

Update Overview

Thanks to everybody that has helped out with reporting bugs so far. I appreciate everybody taking the time to help me out - I really appreciate it. I've merged all the posts and will keep them in the post beneath this one and add bugs as I go along. Not everything that people are reporting are bugs though, so let me address those!

Responsive Layout

A couple people have asked where the return to full version link is - there isn't one, and this was intentional. RoW's layout is now fully responsive, which means that as you resize your screen, the board layout will change to accommodate. Users viewing the site on a mobile or tablet will see the site in a minimized version that is designed to be more mobile friendly (eg: no large background images, posting tables not visible, etc.). So there is no way to switch between the mobile version of the site and the full one any more, but that shouldn't be an issue. Unlike before, because the skin is the same, there should be no features missing from the mobile layout. That said, if you think there are improvements that could be made to the mobile layout, please feel free to suggest them and they will be considered.

Another aspect of this is what happens when you have a large monitor. I believe @Mace brought it up first, but once your screen exceeds the width of the background image, the background image stops and you will see a paw background. You can see an example here. We did this because not everybody puts fades on the sides of their skin, and given that there are some people who have absolutely massive monitors (I'm looking at you, @Phineas), this was the best solution we could come up with to ensure that the layout retained its integrity even at large screen resolutions.

As a few people have mentioned in the bugs, some of the CSS classes have been renamed. I went through and edited everyone's personal skins, but if you made changes in your profile area, especially on the extra page, they might not have been renamed. Here is a list of the following conversion chart that you'll need to apply to your profiles if you want them to show up properly. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Old RoW -> New RoW
.maintitle -> .thead
.titlemedium -> .tcat
.body_content -> .trow1
.relsub -> .trow_sep
body -> #wrapper
#container -> #content

alert System

We are introducing a new alert system! Essentially, what this feature provides is a new way for you to be alerted when things happen on the board. If somebody responds to your thread, you will get an alert. If somebody loves your thread, gives you LP, posts in your pack forum, or your receive a random event, you will receive an alert. Most importantly, if somebody tags you in a thread, you will receive an alert. What this means is that you won't have tagging PMs or other such things filling up your Inbox. Kind of nice, right? To edit your alert settings, you can click on the alerts on the sidebar (or top bar, if you're on mobile) and then click "View All alerts." Once there, you have the ability to change your alert settings and delete old alerts.

Extra

I'm sure I'm missing several things that are kind of important, but I honestly can't think of them right now. >.< There are two things that I would ask of everybody, though that will help with some of the bugs that are showing up:

1. Clear your browser cache.
  2. In your Skin Selection Area, select the myBB default skin and then switch back to a normal skin. This fixes a template issue with PMs.

I will edit this post as I think of more, but until then, keep reporting bugs and I will respond to them as I can.

Bug List

-Some users display all the characters they play and some only list the account. Example is Shadow's show all her characters and mine shows just Halgen {when you post}
- Switching characters on the index appends #switch to a repeated URL (relic-lore.net/relic-lore.net#switch). Works fine on other pages.
- Fix issue with sidebar links not appearing when you click the menu for the first time (they do show up if you click the expand button twice!)
- Skin selection wonky on mobile
- Need to make thread titles longer
- I know you (Shadow) said you were able to get the board to "move down" for certain skins, but I have cleared my cache, hard refresh, gone from the default skin back to a regular skin multiple times all to no avail.
- Today's Top Posters names not displaying properly on the index page
- Staff Alerts
- Edit LP Bug is back again (I swear I had this fixed >.<)
- Need to fix HTML parser on quick reply/quick edit
- Missing Threads from timeline
- Issue with post counts and drafts?
- Loved Threads Archived Section
- Don't do dohtml inside quote tags
[dohtml]bold signature[/dohtml]
@Rhysis - Thanks for letting me know. I had forgotten to switch our mail handler, so hopefully from here on out, mail should be arriving much faster. As for the issue with the chat, others have had the same issue and it was cleared up by clearing your cache. Maybe give that a try if you haven't already?

@Phineas - We'll need to have a separate list of full REs in the staff area or something that includes the ones we're not currently using. Do you mean all of the player names are weird or just the test runs that I ran and never deleted? The normal ones look fine to me.

@Quil - Thanks for letting me know, but please always use the dohtml tags. It's an issue right now that you sometimes don't need them, but when I get it fixed, I don't want your posts to break because you didn't use them. I've noticed that what tends to happen is the quick edit doesn't parse the html properly, but the full one does, and that's part of the problem.

@Aideen - I have been trying to fix that issue for months. Regular bold tags work just fine, as you said, but for whatever reason, b tags with style don't work. I would recommend switching to either:

Code:
<strong style="">text here</strong>
or
Code:
<style>.puppy b {color:red;}</style>
<b class="puppy">text here</b>
@Phineas
When you tried to fix Ash's permissions it didn't go through the first time. I figured out the problem was, for whatever reason, Lightning had a "../" infront of her avatar URL making it invalid, and since all the user options pages are really just tabs you have to fix that as well in order to make updates. I checked some other people's accounts and for whatever reason there seems to be a few people with the "../" infront of their avatars? I think it might be a problem from copying the URL of @Grey's avatars.... Not really sure. Maybe it's a bug or maybe it's not but people should probably check that out xD
@Gent - You'll need to adjust your alert settings. You can do so by clicking "View Alerts" and then "Manage Alert Settings".

@Phineas - AC should work next time around. I can't test it until after the 1st, though. All images should be resized when they're added. They will only exceed the maximum limits if the person in question didn't follow the limits before. If you see somebody with too big of an avatar, either adjust it in their profile or PM them to ask them to fix it. The Image Uploader actually works, despite all the php errors showing up on the page, so you can use it if you need to.
Possible bug?

There's somethin' going on with how drafts and maybe library articles work in regards to post count... I've recently updated/posted to these topics from the activity check period Feb 1st - present:

http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=41 (Flora & Fauna)
http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=5624 (Mapplethorpe/Aponi)
http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=5771 (Mapplethorpe/Mercy)
http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=6364 (Mapplethorpe thread, posted today)

With the three Mapplethorpe posts, I made my leadership post minimum, but somehow I have "You have made 8 posts since the last activity check."

Topic "6364" was saved twice(?) in my drafts before "breaking" with a MyBB error that I can no longer bring up because the topic was posted). It claimed there was something going on with the lines regarding the "Timeline" values when taking a draft into account, that much I can discern...

edit: Mapplethorpe is also missing some threads in his Timeline(?); the ones that are particularly missing date from December 13th to roughly January 8th. O_o Maybe it's because they're categorized in the "Relic Lore IV" archives, perhaps?

edit 2: Timeline things were made note of above. And I've caught the error 'code' and posted it in Maintenance. :x
Random bug/mystery bug!

It seems the 'sticky' threads tend to get 'unstuck' after someone replies to it (and not each time). If you look through the mod logs, it shows Bastet unsticking the CRR pack thread at various times.. which Hero actually can't do.

It also showed me unsticking a thread today when I didn't physically do it.. and showed Allie unsticking one last night when I doubt she did that either.

sparking up my heart

Was curious if I should fix {the Library} pages with list code like these? Or if the coding - timeline, date, and event codes - will be eventually be put back into place? <3

1. 31/08/10
  2. A group of wolves has discovered the remains of a dead deer; cause of death: unknown.
  3. 10/09/10
  4. A dehydrated bear attacks an unsuspecting group of wolves.
  5. 11/09/10
  6. Indru and Lifdis start to contemplate and speculate over the depleting water sources.